Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: sound quality - important!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Well, 2 days ago i had first free no-gig saturday and i decided to go to some night club in Belgrade. I was enter club, there was some house mixed cd (because it was too early), i was not looking @ the DJ, when he came and i didn't see his equipment. Then he started to play a songs from his equipment and when the time came for him to do first transition (beatmix, crossfade...) i recognized the sound. It was Virtual DJ and its bad time stretch quality. I know i was only one that night that recognized that :) because people don't care that much about sound quality, but it was not sound that good like when you use good quality cd players pitch.

I just somehow hoping that version 4 will fix that somehow, to sound good with time stretch on, and that we won't need 10ghz CPU to run it :)

Posted Mon 17 Jul 06 @ 5:55 pm
its fixed in VDJ 4 yes ;)

Posted Mon 17 Jul 06 @ 6:04 pm
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
It would be good on a further CPU to use internal floating point samples. This will make the sound compatible with everry soundcard on the market, and calculus will be very much accurate. I've already added a fully floating point computation in my High Quality Flanger v2.0, and it's faster than the version v1.0, which uses both short integers and floats (that version was very optimized, too, so it isn't because I don't optimize...). This is just an idea, but would be cool!!!

Posted Mon 17 Jul 06 @ 7:36 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)