Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: TCCDs with Hercules Mk2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Is this combination a stable one?

I am considering using TCCDs with a pair of numark axis 9s and my MK2, is this safe for live gigs? I have not used my Mk2 for timecode before but I am a bit cautious. I would like to get some feedback regarding (a) Hercules Mk2 with timecode (b) Numark axis 9 with tccds or scratching with the unit in general.

I was also considering purchasing used XP10s but after reading through the forums, it seems the build quality is not good especially plastic buttons. I am also getting the impression that timecode is the way to go moving forward with virtual dj.

Ryan

Posted Sun 16 Jul 06 @ 9:05 pm
timecode is one way of the future for sure;) Makes its possible to use real dj hardware with software.

Regardign Axis + Hercules mk2 its safe, and working yes! ;)

The ONLY issue, would be that the Hercules asio drivers are a bit slow for really fast scratch (will sound a bit digital). But if you dont scratch uzi hardcore scratch, it will work good.. .

If you are going to go for an upgrade, getting better soundcard would be better than getting XP10 (in my opinion). Get u46dj, works excellent with timecode, and scratch cd-decks...

Or the iCDX decks from Numark comming soon, that will control VDJ without timecode (directly), and can also play cd's, mp3 cds etc.

Posted Sun 16 Jul 06 @ 9:09 pm
Thanks for your prompt response dj-in-norway. I have one other question, if I use the mk2 in the timecode configuration, can I simultaneously use it (mk2) as a control surface for browsing, effects, etc?

Posted Mon 17 Jul 06 @ 4:05 am
The mk2 is a pretty decent control surface, though some have complained about the jog wheels. But yes, I was using the mk2 with tcv as my soundcard, and even the jog wheels still work in TCV configuration. Unfortunatly, for my style the mk2 didn't cut it as a soundcard, but it still makes an excellent control surface with TCV and my u46dj as well;^]

Posted Mon 17 Jul 06 @ 4:35 am
If you're interested in picking one up im selling mine for $200

Posted Mon 17 Jul 06 @ 4:40 am
Only one blackgold9? My thinking is now skewed towards using TCCDs however. I don't think I like the feedback I am getting from xp10 users (especially build quality issues). Thanks anyway.

Timmy1978, what problems exactly did you have in using the mk2 as a soundcard for timecode? Were there any audio dropouts or other glitches (loud static noise for e.g.) in your experience? Have you used it for long sets, over 4 hours maybe, consistently?

Posted Mon 17 Jul 06 @ 4:52 am
I'm really just a hobbyist right now (ametuer), the longest sets I've really done have only been a couple hours at most. The problem was the latency, you can't use it in low latency without dropouts and at all buffersize levals you get a certain amount of digi noise, though unnoticable to some clips but can really be a problem scratching or live back cues especialy on higher pitch sounds. I don't use tccd but tcv, and on tcv cueing by hand was very sluggish. The u46dj fixed most all of the problems, enough that I'd be confidant using it for my friends house parties;^]

Posted Mon 17 Jul 06 @ 7:03 am
not my xp10, my hercules mk2

Posted Mon 17 Jul 06 @ 12:45 pm
pcl73PRO InfinityMember since 2006
How I can contact you Blackgold9 ?

Posted Mon 17 Jul 06 @ 3:28 pm
No exchange or resell allowed on this board. Topic closed.

Posted Mon 17 Jul 06 @ 4:09 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)