Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: New Action - Naming infinite cue-points

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

An action which sets a new cue-point and pops up a window for renaming that cue point...

I really enjoy the new feature where you can rename cue-points. It is great for "mapping" a song with for example "Vocal starts", "Set 8 beat loop", etc.
I used to use the 5 cue-points and the comment-line for this (Comment-line : "8 beat loop at cue2").
But now I can have these comments in the rhythm-window, which is great. And since VDJ can have an infinite number of cue-points, it would be nice to be able to easily name 10+ numbers of cue-points.
At the moment I'm limited by the number of cue-points displayed in the skins or the defined keyboard-shortcuts.

What do you guys think...?

Keep up the good work...

- Jim Nordic

Posted Fri 18 Jun 04 @ 7:58 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
With my skin you can set up to 9 cue points, Jim ;-)

It's a good idea, how do you think they could implement this feature? A keyboard shortcut? A skin feature?

FRUiT94

Posted Fri 18 Jun 04 @ 10:25 pm
Since it would be an "action"... it could be defined as both a skin-element and a keyboard shortcut. And you could define them for either channel 1, 2, active, or playing deck.

Now, you must define the skin-elements and shortcuts for every additional cue-point. I would like to see an action that skips all this and defines a cue with a name of your choosing.

I would use this feature extesively to "map" my songs so that I know exactly when a voice or melody starts and ends.

Some would say... learn you songs... but I have such a poor memory. :)

- Jim

Posted Sat 19 Jun 04 @ 9:05 am
Fruit

Nice skins btw
Keep up the good work.
As for me, I've been neglecting my skins for far to long. :)
I have to do something about that over the summer.

- Jim

Posted Sat 19 Jun 04 @ 9:12 am
Hey Jim long time no speak!
hows it goin?
just wondering if you could update your JN-PLATINUM skin for the new version?
i love the skin but cant use it with the new vdj

Posted Sat 19 Jun 04 @ 1:22 pm
Or i could try updating if someone tells me whats to be done!

Posted Sat 19 Jun 04 @ 1:29 pm
Hi Walkers!

I must have missed these posts... Well. Better late than never.. :) You're welcome to update the skin. I don't have time anymore. Very sad...

BUT...
...I still want this new feature in VDJ.
Plus the ability to record in stereo in OneSoundcardSplitChannel-mode.

- Jim

Posted Wed 10 Nov 04 @ 5:06 am
"....Plus the ability to record in stereo in OneSoundcardSplitChannel-mode..."

how could that be done? Stereo split, splits the stereo signal in two mono signals...

Posted Wed 10 Nov 04 @ 2:43 pm
Yes... in this mode you preview with one channel and use the other to connect to speakers.

But dosn't the sound setting just decide what virtual sound output goes where. If the software can split a physical output to output two different audio-signals (eg. master & preview) then why is the software-recording dependent on what sound-output setting you use. If effects, EQs and other audio modifications are done by algoritms in VDJ, it should seem possible to output a audio-file in stereo regardless of what output setting you use.

- Jim

Posted Thu 11 Nov 04 @ 2:00 am
true Jim... very true...
I would think that its possible, as recording is not from output, but done digitally inside the program

Posted Thu 11 Nov 04 @ 2:17 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)