Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Font problems in Skin - not refreshing?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I'm currently modifying DeeJay Ken's VinylVideo skin to fit on my laptop, and I'm also putting in cuepoint displays.

If I try to increase the fint size of the playlist/browser font more than 1 pt, it crashes Virtual DJ on load. (anything over 18 pts doesn't work).

Also, in my cuepoint display, I've got a problem where the text doesn't refresh properly, so it kind of smears, and becomes unreadable. It shows the text clearly at first, but it doesn't erase the old text after it draws the updated text on the skin.

Does anyone know what I could do to resolve this?

Posted Sun 25 Jun 06 @ 1:46 am
Blast! I was really hoping that someone could help me with this. It's super annoying.

I have no idea why the cuepoints get messed up like this, but the BPM and tempo display works fine. I'm going to try changing all manner of things and see if I can fix it. Perhaps it can't be so close to the video windows?

Posted Mon 26 Jun 06 @ 9:49 am
Okay, I figured out the messed up cuepoint display thing.... I had the following line in my definition for that text zone:

<up x="589" y="2721"/>

I don't know why it was there... I think I borrowed it from the default skin or whatever, but obviously it made no sense, and that's what was causing my problems. Now I have to find fonts that don't suck :)

Posted Mon 26 Jun 06 @ 10:12 am
Hey Supa,

I'm experiencing the same font probs. Any success on your end? I may try creating my own font.

Greg

Posted Wed 16 Aug 06 @ 5:33 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)