Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: vdj's flanger

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

how can i make vdj's flanger sound exactly like this real flanger www.pioneerprodj.com/cm/products/mediafile/flanger.mp3

Posted Fri 23 Jun 06 @ 1:33 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Default flanger settings are extreme and make it sound harsh,
Just do it "lighter" and slower (i dont remember parameter names now) and it will sound better.
It's not the best flanger i've heard though, you can always search for a good vst flanger.

Posted Fri 23 Jun 06 @ 2:58 am
huh? can i get seperate plugins for vdj that are not from this site

Posted Fri 23 Jun 06 @ 8:45 am

Posted Fri 23 Jun 06 @ 2:46 pm
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I've just added mine. I'm sure it's what you need, as it doesn't work like the original flanger, its algorythm is completely different (and it's the real one). With samples interpolation (expecially in low delays), it's quality is over all the others'. I hope it will be added to the effect list soon.

Posted Fri 23 Jun 06 @ 3:29 pm
WOW!!!!!

thank you! I tested it and it sound REALLY nice!!

will be made available soon:)

Posted Fri 23 Jun 06 @ 6:03 pm
Is is vst or virtualdj native format ?

Posted Fri 23 Jun 06 @ 7:48 pm
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Virtual dj native format ;-))

Posted Fri 23 Jun 06 @ 7:58 pm
Thanks guys!
However, after uploading it, I found there's a bug sometimes: the interpolation saturates and is limited, so you could hear glitches on the flanging sound when the volume is high (like on beats). I've just compiled a new version where this doesn't happen anymore, but I will be able to upload it only when it will be published. Despite the bug, it sounds good! A note for everyone: please don't keep the gain above -3.0db, because when mixing basses the sound saturates, with or without my flanger. A good mix requires ALWAYS a good sound quality!
If you want the sources, you can contact me directly. I don't care if only experienced users can download them, if someone is skilled enough, he can use my sources, but ONLY WITH MY PERMISSION. Experienced users can use them the way they like, without asking. This is the only limitation. I'd like some feedback anyway: it helps me to find better ways.

Posted Fri 23 Jun 06 @ 8:25 pm
k-.. Will see if someone can make it available soon, so you can update, or just to it myself (need to make a self-installing exe if it, but I'll figure it out..hehe)

By the way, also a nice flanger here that gives exact same sound as the mp3 dj arnold posted:
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/51725/VST/help.html?page=1

(for dj arnold - same post, different thread)

Posted Sat 24 Jun 06 @ 12:58 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Plugin activated

@TexZK
Can you upload the source code again

Posted Sat 24 Jun 06 @ 1:14 pm
Ok cel, thanks for your speed! However, I'm already making a v2.0. I'll upload it when stable. You'll be able to change the minimum delay, and I'm optimizing variables now.
However, I'm looking forward to that VST plugin, I could take example from it.

Posted Sat 24 Jun 06 @ 1:32 pm
THANKS TexZK thats exactly what i need thank you very very much you don't know how thankful i am u solved my flanger searcing problem ;)

THANKS

Posted Sat 24 Jun 06 @ 10:17 pm
@TexZK
Very good flanger and very very good job... Amazing!

Posted Sat 24 Jun 06 @ 10:35 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)