Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Using 1 TCCD

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi all

I have read up on VDJ, used the demo for a while now and am very interested in its timecode abilities. Seeing as its the cheapest software package, I am considering buying it. However, at the moment, I own only 1 tabletop direct drive CD player. Seeing as these are expensive (for me), I am only going to buy a second later on in the year (I bought the one just for room DJ'ing ect).

What I want to know is, if I buy VDJ pro, will I be able to use only the one timecode CD at a time? I read in the info that you can use one, and I am aware that you can switch the active decks. I am not sure how it will work though: will the software play the red (inactive deck) while the timecode controls the green? For example, I want to mix two songs: I set the active deck to the song Im going to play, and start the mixing process using the TCCD (the currently playing song is now the inactive deck). Will the inactive desk continue to play even though there is now no TCCD talking to it? Ie, will the software take over because it knows I only have 1 TCCD?

Any help greatly appreciated to sort this confusion out.
Thanks!

Posted Tue 20 Jun 06 @ 7:43 pm
you got it exactly right ;) thats how it works...

The switch will make you controll the deck, and leaving software to play the deck you left...
Like you said;)

Posted Tue 20 Jun 06 @ 7:49 pm
Great thanks Norway!

*goes off to check credit card balance*

Posted Tue 20 Jun 06 @ 8:23 pm
hehe ;)

Posted Tue 20 Jun 06 @ 8:29 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
hope to have you in the family soon :)

Posted Tue 20 Jun 06 @ 8:52 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)