Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Noise problem after 4 hours of playing

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

buckHome userMember since 2006
Hi Xperts,

I run VDJ 3.1 on a IBM T41 laptop with an Echo Indigo DJ PCMCIA soundcard.
Performance and audio are great but after about 4 hours of playing there is suddenly a terrible noise on master and headphone. I used to have this problem with the onboard Soundmax soundcard but not with my old USB soundcard for master output. This is very annoying during a live set.
Shutting down VDJ and restarting it solves the problem immediately for another 4 hours, but then i lose my list of played songs and shutting down for 2 minutes is not very pleasant for the audience.
Could this being caused by a VDJ setting?

Any feedback appreciated.

Thx
Buck

Posted Sun 18 Jun 06 @ 3:57 pm
If you've purchased Virtual DJ please edit your profile and add your serial number to it so that we know you bought the program.

There were rumours floating around a long time ago that cracked versions of the software did have similar effects to what you just described but if you are using a legitimate version of the software then it is probably down to your soundcard drivers.

Posted Sun 18 Jun 06 @ 4:04 pm

Posted Sun 18 Jun 06 @ 4:08 pm
Voila, I just entered my serial nr, I had to change my name though.
So, you think with the registered version I just downloaded from the VirtualDJ site I will not have these problems?
Thx

Posted Sun 18 Jun 06 @ 10:03 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
VDJ 3.4 PRO works very well ;)

Posted Sun 18 Jun 06 @ 10:32 pm
Welcome as a new member;)

The noize problem is a crack version problem, so you are fine now;)

Posted Sun 18 Jun 06 @ 10:38 pm
Well done, and welcome to VDJ Professonal and the forum as a valid registered user.. The guys on here are great and help at every opportunity as you've already found out.. You'll love it.

Posted Sun 18 Jun 06 @ 10:43 pm
This issue is something I ran into also,I do have a licensed version.After 5 to six hours I have noticed that I will get just a Machine static noise,It happened the first time after I did the scan harddrive with the analyze bmp box checked,this took three days to do my songs and then when I went to play them I got the noise.rebooted the computer,noise gone.Second time was at a wedding,I played from 7 pm to 1 am.Luck had it I was shutting done at 1,no big deal.
Then as and experiment I set up VDJ to play with automix on overnight,next morning same static,then I minimized program and played a song with winamp,sounded ok.went back to VDJ,static.Shut down VDJ and started it up again,music was fine.weird. P@40

Posted Mon 19 Jun 06 @ 4:01 am
Firstly, welcome as a registered user Coldplay2Chris!

@Pirate at 40

You should test other programs for these sort of errors too. I have had such experiences with games before which utilised Direct3D or whatever it's called where the sound would cut out after about three hours, it didn't happen in all games but the problem was driver/chipset specific and not the fault of the games I was playing.

It may be worth running WinAmp using DirectSound output with your Virtual DJ preferred soundcard and letting that run for six or seven hours and see if the problem persists.

Posted Mon 19 Jun 06 @ 4:15 am
Thanks for the response Andrew,this has happened so rarely I'm not to conecrned with it,this thread just caught my eye.I have ran VDJ many times during a 4 hour show with no problems at all.I'm running a new Dell laptop and for now I'm using the onboard soundcard,it did have an update the I uploaded and installed from dells website.I will try your idea about running winamp for 6 or seven hours,I am planning on upgrading to the US46DJ soundcard soon.
Again thanks for your input. P@40

Posted Mon 19 Jun 06 @ 5:12 am
Thx for the feedback, I am installing 3.4 at the moment to replace the 3.1 cracked version, I will do an overnight test on autoplay

Posted Mon 19 Jun 06 @ 2:41 pm
LudekPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Buzzing sound after 4 hours? Maybe bug in the cracked VDJ, maybe only sophisticated anti-piracy protection.. Who knows..:-) I am sure that now as legal user you will bee without this problem.

Posted Mon 19 Jun 06 @ 7:21 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)