Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Versions of VDJ from the VDJ Store

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I'm considering purchasing Virtual DJ, because other DJ software *cough*bpm*cough* has let me down hard.

I have tried the demo, and there are things I like and things I don't like about it, but because I can't configure it for multiple audio interfaces, I can't really see how it'll fare in a real DJing situation.

In any case, I'd most likely need the Professional (I believe that's the most decked out version) version, but I noticed there's a special price for online download orders... it appears that that is a different version of the software (standard). I'm confused... from the online store you can only order pro, but you can only download standard?

Can someone explain my options here? I'm interested in saving money, but I don't want a product that I can't use!

Posted Sun 18 Jun 06 @ 12:23 am

The other versions are available either as a free limited version with Hercules console, or as an E-jay home user package.

The PRO version comes in two available format from this website:
1. Internet download : Instant download after purchase, from this website. And prices at a very low price right now
2. Boxed version with install CD : Will be sent to you by post, and delivered to your house.

They are both the same version, the pro version of VDJ.

And yes..,. the pro version supports a wide range of soundcard options, giving you all the possibilities a dj would want, ranging from simpler stereo-split one souncard solutions to advanced connection to external mixer etc. All real easy to setup and use.

Hope that helps:)

Posted Sun 18 Jun 06 @ 12:52 am
Ah, thanks DJ-In-Norway. I had the impression that the internet download was something. Different. The price was so much less that I thought it was a pared down version, but I guess Atomix doesn't really (directly) sell anything other than the pro version.

Yes, that helps.

Posted Sun 18 Jun 06 @ 1:36 am
exactly ;)

The internet download is just priced low for a while, as a discount for those who dont need the box and the cd :)

Hope to see you as a full member one day, and feel free to ask if you have other questions:)

Posted Sun 18 Jun 06 @ 1:48 am
There I go. It's done. $175 CAD doesn't seem too bad, as I was pricing it out at more than double that before.

Now I need to customize it, and figure out how to control it. I'd suppose that there are some good controllers on the market for this software by now.

Posted Sun 18 Jun 06 @ 2:13 am
that was fast!

WELCOME AS A NEW MEMBER SUPACON ;)

There are lots of controllers on the market yes, as dj software is taken far more serious by now:
http://www.virtualdj.com/products/hardware.html (old page, so some newer stuff is around/comming)

Depending on your level, use and budget... there are controllers in many shapes and tastes..

Ranging from all-in-one packages such as Hercules Mk2 controller, and Behringer BCD2000..,.
and all the way up to more pro controllers such as Numark iCDX decks, and Pioneer DJM 800 mixers.
Or Allen & Heath Xone mixer with all in one..

Or simply use timecode (cd or vinyl) to use regular dj hardware such as regular dj cd-players or turntables to control VDJ.

But all gotta start somewhere, so depeding on your budget and level, you can use your PC keyboard too, and customize shortcuts inside VDJ for any feature..

;)

Posted Sun 18 Jun 06 @ 2:21 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Welcome to the family!!!

Posted Sun 18 Jun 06 @ 5:33 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Welcome Supacon, you will see this is a wonderful community, you will get here all the help you need! Good choice!

Posted Sun 18 Jun 06 @ 7:52 am
Welcome to the forum.

Posted Sun 18 Jun 06 @ 9:21 am
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Welcome.... you'll never leave!

Posted Sun 18 Jun 06 @ 3:51 pm
djsherz wrote :
Welcome.... you'll never leave!

Too true, welcome!

Posted Sun 18 Jun 06 @ 4:10 pm
Thanks so much. That does seem to be a great selling feature of this product, the great support community that goes with it. Looking forward to meeting you all.

-J.D.

Posted Sun 18 Jun 06 @ 9:32 pm
Yupp.. I would agree with you on that.. :)
VDJ has a very nice community of users...

;)

Posted Sun 18 Jun 06 @ 9:36 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)