Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: New to VDJ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

micbob4PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Looking at purchasing VDJ but I'm not into scratching. I just need a program that will be able to mix the music, provide a great music search tool, create and print song list, and is easy to use. Is this program for me or is this more for the Dj that is into mixing and scratching his/her own music? Thanks

Posted Tue 13 Jun 06 @ 4:50 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Virtual DJ has established its reputation as being the best all rounder, whatever you want from it you'll only ever personally need about 50% of its functions.

So to answer your question, Virtual DJ can do everything you want of it and more, and if it's for proffesional use then Virtual DJ is the only software that can do all this for such a low price.

Posted Tue 13 Jun 06 @ 4:55 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
About points that you just wrote i can say that this program is perfect for your use. AND it is perfect for scratching :)

It has automix function, it gives you many great features for mixing (like beat match, beatlock) and you can use it with many controllers. You can also print your playlists (it writes them into txt file) and it has great search function (version 4 will have even better).

So answer is YES, this program is for scratch AND other use. You can play even caraoke and video files with it.

Hope that will help you with decision.

Posted Tue 13 Jun 06 @ 4:57 pm
WOW! If you're reponse is as fast to support questions as it was to this one this product and team is for me. : )

Posted Tue 13 Jun 06 @ 5:04 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
That's definately the case ;).

Posted Tue 13 Jun 06 @ 5:10 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Yes, this forum is great, i agree :) you will always get so quick response. :)

Posted Tue 13 Jun 06 @ 5:11 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
And a very important note: always try before buy ;)

Posted Tue 13 Jun 06 @ 5:14 pm
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I do not scratch nor do I do videos. Strictly use the pgm for music and some karaoke.
This pgm has been very stable for my needs. It has so many options, most of which I do not use. You can do exactly what you want with this pgm and will definetly be pleased with the resuilts.

Posted Tue 13 Jun 06 @ 6:25 pm
micbob4
http://www.virtualdj.com/purchase/

and uyou will discover all the featuring of vdj and in the futur you will want to buy TT's anc TCV for scrathing
buy vdj and become one of us

Posted Tue 13 Jun 06 @ 11:12 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Do you want to blend the music yourself , or do you want a program that blends it for you?
VDj's auto-mix feature isn't really made to run a party with . This program is more designed with a Dj in mind. I guess you have to decide for yourself. you should really try it first to see if it's for you I'd rather see you get what u want. than buy it and then rant and rave about all the problems with auto-mix it's an awsome program for any type of Dj, Kj and Vj but as far as playing all by itself the whole night, then it might not be for you. also vdj doesn't create nor print song list...but it is simple to use.

Posted Wed 14 Jun 06 @ 12:14 am
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
I have to aggree with Philly. VDJ is great for a DJ and is probably more stable than anything out there, but if you are looking for a program that does everything for you, then it may not be for you. The automix function can be setup to try to mix on its own, or to mix everything based on cue points that you have to configure (per song) or it can simply fade from one song to another. If that's what you want than you will save alot of money and have plenty of room to grow with VDJ.
However, if you are just looking for something that will just do everything for you, then I would suggest MixMeister. Be aware that MixMeister is not very flexible and although I think it does the best job at automixing, it still does not come close to a live DJ. If you plan on learning to mix, or having any decent amount of control over your mixes, then MixMeister will likely disappoiont you though, especially since it cost several times what VDJ costs.

My advice is to try the trial version of each, but keep in mind that VDJ offers alot more than you would be able to take advantage of during the trial period.

Posted Thu 15 Jun 06 @ 6:27 pm
Also if you buy 3.4 then 4 will be free and we are all wondering what VDJ has up their sleeves with the new program. I say get VDJ and you will find out that it is the best on the market. Cheers Brian

Posted Thu 15 Jun 06 @ 9:27 pm
No I'm not looking for a program that will just play all night by itself Im looking for something that will mix the music itself. Meaning once I cue a song the program will make the true transition. I do want to be able to cue a couple of songs ahead of time a the program mix it. thanks

Posted Sat 17 Jun 06 @ 4:08 am
Maybe many people will hate me for writing this here... but I do think, in my humble opinion, that this program is NOT what you´re looking for. I think you need something more like MediaMonkey.

It has a basic "Auto-DJ" function, has great search&organization capabilities, creating playlist and exporting them is very easy (and you can export to various formats, including HTML, Excel, and others), and it is itself VERY intuitive and easy to use. And it´s FREE!

I do reccomend you try VirtualDJ anyway, after all, the trial is free! You can´t lose anything by trying it.

Hope this helps
(and please don´t be mad at me people =P )

Dj Joe/Joaquin

Posted Sat 17 Jun 06 @ 4:30 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)