Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Blog design options with Safari (mac)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I've just tryed to make a new blog on my mac using Safari and found out that i can't change the font size, i can't upload or insert pictures and so on. I tryed also with Mozilla but it is the same. Any mac user here can confirm this please?

Posted Mon 12 Jun 06 @ 11:11 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2004
Use BBCode for the font size, color, and to put links.

But for uploading pictures i'm afraid you will have to upload them from Internet Explorer, OR use www.imageshack.us and then use BBCode to put the picture in the blog :)

Posted Tue 13 Jun 06 @ 12:10 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
the buttons only work in MSIE for me (to upload a picture etc etc), i have reported this (about 8 months ago now) look at the last entry in my blog. Its a shame webmasters cant use certified HTML/CSS/JS instead of writing code that only executes properly under MSIE

Posted Tue 13 Jun 06 @ 12:34 am
I know that i can use BB code and pictures from internet :) This is exactly what i did. I just wanted to know if i am so stupid or there is something wrong :D

thanks ;)

Posted Tue 13 Jun 06 @ 10:27 am
JeremKPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2004
xeon wrote :
I just wanted to know if i am so stupid or there is something wrong

Maybe there is something wrong AND you are stupid :-P

Yes there is something wrong with other Internet browsers.

Posted Tue 13 Jun 06 @ 11:07 am
:)))))))))))))))))))))))

Posted Tue 13 Jun 06 @ 11:10 am
JeremK wrote :
Yes there is something wrong with other Internet browsers.

Yeah. There's something wrong with other browsers... lol.

Everyday, I remind people of the following advisory alert issued by the US Dept. of Homeland Security 2 years ago:

"The U.S. government's Computer Emergency Readiness Team (US-CERT) is warning Web surfers to stop using Microsoft's Internet Explorer (IE) browser."
http://it.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/07/02/1441242&mode=thread&tid=103&tid=113&tid=126&tid=172&tid=95&tid=99

LWATCDR writes "I have been saying this for a long time but now it is offical..."

In related news, rocketjam writes "According to Wired, the widespread Internet Explorer security exploit last week and CERT's subsequent recommendation that IE users should consider switching to another browser has resulted in a large spike in downloads of the Mozilla Organization's Mozilla and Firefox web browsers."

Just google "homeland security stop using internet explorer" for some more laughs and giggles on this subject. =P

Firefox has really taken off in the past couple of years, but of course us Mac users being quicker and wiser than windows users ;) kicked miCrapsoft winBlows' Internet eXploder off of our trouble free Macs 1 and a half years prior to any government alerts, in January 2003, with the release of Safari using KHTML instead of the bloated mozilla engine.

Posted Tue 13 Jun 06 @ 12:40 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)