Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Hercules & Soundcards

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Can anybody please explain to me in "laymans terms" how to setup my Hercules DJ Control MP3 and my external Soundblaster Audigy2 NX soundcard so I can simply cue a tune on the deck that isn't playing through my headphones, without everyone else hearing it through my speakers?
I have tried allsorts of things already, I have setup the soundcard to 5.1 and Hercules to 4.1 with the rear speakers defined to headphones, plugged my headphones into the rear speakers but this doesn't work, I am losing the plot now cos i've spent alot of money only to be left sitting here thinking I have been ripped off!
Any advice is welcome!!
Cheers,
Carl.

Posted Mon 12 Jun 06 @ 12:35 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I would suggest you using advanced config of sound cards. You can do much more there including samplers sending to another channel. Try there and set left deck to output 1 (left and output 2 as right) and right deck to output 3 (left and output 4 right) because if you have 4.1 card, each output is mono.

Posted Mon 12 Jun 06 @ 4:22 pm
- First of all: Sorry for my english -

So, you got your 2 soundcards, one in the computer, one external.
Put your headphones in your external soundcard.
Now, go to VDJ -> Configuration -> Sound Cards and choose the configuration with the 2 soundcards(you can scroll, after the 4.1 configuration), set your soundcard 1 and soundcard 2.

Already tried that?
Works fine here.

Good luck

Posted Mon 12 Jun 06 @ 4:25 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)