Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Using TCCD With Built In Effects

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Rory05PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi,

Just wondering when you have effects on your CD Decks, can you use them with timecoded CD's? As in will the effects effect the Audio comming out your speakers or will it just screw up the timecode? I'm thinking about going all out on VDJ soon and spending all my money!

Rory

Posted Sun 11 Jun 06 @ 3:40 pm
You can not use the effects on the physical decks, as it would alter the timecode sound...

But, you can use timecode at the decks, and apply effects in VDJ (software), such as flanger, echo and lots more... VDJ supports a lot of native effects and VST effects... :)

Hope that helps:)

Posted Sun 11 Jun 06 @ 3:49 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
For this reason it would be better to use effects at the mixer, because they can be applied to any signal you send through it.

Posted Sun 11 Jun 06 @ 6:43 pm
Rory05PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Cheers guys

Posted Tue 13 Jun 06 @ 1:10 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
One interesting question about this: how does button for reverse (on some cd-players) work with TCCD? I just forgot to try when i had Denon 3500 at home lol :D

Posted Tue 13 Jun 06 @ 2:07 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
xeon wrote :
One interesting question about this: how does button for reverse (on some cd-players) work with TCCD? I just forgot to try when i had Denon 3500 at home lol :D

It plays the audio signal in reverse, if that signal is timecode it should work as sufficiently as on a turntable.

Posted Tue 13 Jun 06 @ 2:30 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
well.. i know what it do. i just wondered if it work with TCCD too :)

Posted Tue 13 Jun 06 @ 2:34 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
It's very probable ;)

Posted Tue 13 Jun 06 @ 4:06 pm
the only effect you can use with tccds are loops and if your cd players are vinyl emulation you can scratch with them,best regards.

Posted Tue 13 Jun 06 @ 9:48 pm
joetmenPRO InfinityMember since 2005
hello everybody!
just a little question...
can I use the cue with the tccd?
if I play the cue on my cd player, will it be activated on virtual dj software?
thanks

Posted Sat 17 Jun 06 @ 4:08 pm
dj_cashPRO InfinityMember since 2004
about the reverse on TCCD's...
I think it would work perfectly... because if you can scratch with the TCCD's... then it must be possible to reverse...
I'm not sure, but maybe the cd-player reverse the track without giving out any sound....

but I know that if you have a CD-deck with a rotating plate on it... and you can scratch on it.... then it is possible to do backspins = reverse with TCCD's....

Cash ;)

Posted Mon 19 Jun 06 @ 12:57 pm
Hi
I have 2 denon 1000, reverse work perfectly like drag an brake.

tccd is the best solution ;)

Posted Mon 19 Jun 06 @ 1:10 pm
and YES Joetmen you can use cues with tccd.
Not exactly like you use them right now, but it's possible look at the forum to find the way....

happy mixing!!

Posted Mon 19 Jun 06 @ 1:15 pm
joetmenPRO InfinityMember since 2005
ok!thanks kunfufaiter!
(so, congratulations for your nickname!!ehe eh...)
I purchased my maya 44 usb some months ago, and, only now, I begin to use it with tccd configurations!
I'm going to search in the forum how it's possible to use cues with tccd...
thank you and happy mixing to you too!!
bye

Posted Mon 19 Jun 06 @ 2:09 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)