Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Am about to purchase VDJ and need a couple questions answered!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi, I've been using my friend's version of the program for the last few weeks and I like it alot. He has the home ed., but he just uses it to mix at home - no turntables. I wanted to know the following before I purchased the program:

1. Can I use TCV with the Home Edition?
2. Where can I find a tutorial on how to set up my turntables/vinyls and get them working (or if someone can reply with a quick one that would be great!)?
3. I was considering investing in Serato Scratch Live, but I think VDJ is much better option because of the price difference. If I have turntables and a mixer already, how much will I have to spend total to get myself up and running?
4. what's the difference between HE and Pro?

If you have answers to any of these, I would much appreciate it. Thanks!!

Posted Wed 07 Jun 06 @ 3:45 am
1. As listed in Products -> Software - > Comparison:
There is no support for TCV/TCCD in Home Edition

2. You can find loads of info reading the Blogs . I know it´s not much help, but I´m sure someone else will give you more details in a minute...

3. You would need

• VDJ Pro -> $149.00 (otherwise you wont be able to use your mixer/TTs)
  • A multichannel TCV compatible soundcard (price depends on which one you choose...)

4. Product Comparison

Hope it helps,

Dj Joe/Joaquin

Posted Wed 07 Jun 06 @ 4:56 am

Posted Wed 07 Jun 06 @ 5:16 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Dam's blog is perfect solution to connect TT to use with TC AND usual vinyls. If you don't need to use real vinyls, you won't need Y-splitters. So here is how it goes: TT (RCA cables) > maya44 (USB cable) > computer (signal goes again to maya44) > maya44 > external mixer (RCA cables) > amplifier > speakers

Posted Wed 07 Jun 06 @ 9:05 am
JeremKPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2004
So first of all, using the version of your friend, is illegal.

Now to answer your questions:

You will need to download the demo to test the TCVs as the HE isn't compatible.

To use the TCVs with VDJ you will need to buy:

-VDJ Pro: 149$ (Hurry up the price could go up when VDJ 4.0 is released. And Upgrade is free if you bought VDJ 3.4)

-2 TCVs: http://www.virtualdj.com/shop/

-An ASIO soundcard with at least 2 stereo inputs. Maya44usb/ESI U46DJ/M-Audio Delta 44/...

I recommend the ESI U46DJ which is 99€ in www.thomann.de

Posted Wed 07 Jun 06 @ 11:48 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)