Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: I think I've been ripped off!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djmezyHome userMember since 2006
Last week I broght a IBM t-30 laptop computer, the reason being that I wanted to start using a djing program (i'm tired of hauling records around and I don't like cd's) so I went to my local DJ Shop and asked about some software programs like live mix, final scratch and some others. The rep had given his opinion on these program, he said they were good but the best was VirtualDJ. I didn't know about this program so he let me try his on his computer, I loved it! So I tell the rep that i want to buy it, he says ok bring in your computer and i'll download it in. He charged me $180.00 for the program. While my laptop was in their shop I went home and got on my PC to look up VirtualDJ to get more info about the software, all night I was on the website happy as hell saying this shit is the bomb!!! So today I have it and I was so happy and excited when I got my laptop back I was like a fag in boystown (no homo) I never asked about the box and all the paperwork. So I called the shop and spoke to another rep and explained what happened and he is confused he says to me " I don't see anything here from that program, as a matter of fact we don't even sell that program." What should I do??? I need some advice I have a party to do in 3 weeks!!! HELP!!!

Posted Tue 06 Jun 06 @ 1:05 am

Posted Tue 06 Jun 06 @ 1:12 am
djmezy wrote :
So today I have it and I was so happy and excited when I got my laptop back

So you have the software? It's installed on your laptop? Fair enough you should have got a receipt as you did pay for a service but there wouldn't be a box with the internet version. When you load the program it says Registered To: this is information embedded into the program, does it give your e-mail address or someone elses? It's possible that the shop has pirated the software, but they may have done it legitimately.

Posted Tue 06 Jun 06 @ 1:20 am
I do have a receipt. And the e-mail address is not mine.

Posted Tue 06 Jun 06 @ 1:25 am
Best thing to do is contact Atomix's support using the link madsound provided above and quote the e-mail address, address you purchased the software from and a link to this post in your message.

Atomix will probably have a rough idea of whether the software was legitimately installed by the shop and if so will provide you with your serial number so you can download extras such as samples, video effects, skins etc.

Make sure that you hold on to your receipt too, don't lose it incase you need to pay a return visit to the shop.

Good luck, do let us know how it goes.

Posted Tue 06 Jun 06 @ 1:31 am
I'll keep in touch. Thanks guys!

Posted Tue 06 Jun 06 @ 1:34 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)