Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Karaoke Help

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm new to this digital thing and look forward with excitement ... but as you know anything new is a bit scary...
My question...I want the best possible set up... using a Dell c610, 512ram..external 300gb Seagate. I wanted to purchase something like the Hercules Console but it looked a little toyish. I looked at the new mackie 2 channel mixer and wanted to couple it with another mixer for my mics and effects units ex. 6 channels. I need a hands on unit like the DAC2 (a bit sluggish, but the type of unit I desire because I can't stand the keyboard. Everything is to be rackmounted except the dell...in drawer on top. I even looked at the Numark VJ unit but needed more mic imputs.

I looked at Clubdj Pro and it had some features I really liked... a preview window for each player (yet no monitor/external, that could be enlarged to read from computer screen) I do like the auto fade that starts when you push play on the DAC2... it switches video and audio at set times ex. 1 to 8 sec. if selected in options.

I love the auto cue with karaoke, this is a must to save time and it works well in the clubdj pro.

Can I use the mackie 2 channel/ crossfader etc. with a DAC type controller (recommendations welcome) Please leave me a email so I can get back with more specific questions

When searching for files (oh I guess I can read the manual) thanks so much for your anticipated help. Michael in Tennessee... a T-rex, started DJ'ing in 1978 haha

Posted Sun 04 Jun 06 @ 12:05 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
i thought your question is about karaoke? if so what exactly is it?
if you need hardware help you probably get a faster answer in the hardware forum

Posted Sun 04 Jun 06 @ 7:23 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)