Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: LOOK OUT! MICROSFT IS CHECKING YOUR XP COPY - Page: 3

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

lol ;) are you on a ConQuest to make all use mac's ?;) hehe

just kidding... Mac's are allright for sure;)

Posted Mon 05 Jun 06 @ 5:02 pm
Andrew87 wrote :
Your whole argument is based on quality control. Macs come at a premium, i.e. more money for less capable hardware.

Yup. Apple's quality control, aka seamless integration between Mac OS and a Mac's hardware makes all the difference in the world.

Slightly more money for a computer that lasts 3x longer and works reliably the entire time. The premium is worth it. At least that's the common consensus among all the switchers.

Andrew87 wrote :
PC users can also get better quality if they're willing to spend more. I built my PC two and a half years ago and overclocked the hell out of it, to this day it still works flawlessly. The cost? Under £800 and it runs VDJ using timecode with video mixing without trouble. However, I want to upgrade not because my computer is malfunctioning but because I prefer to have something closer to the best I can get at the time, that's the sort of world we're in, don't give me that crap about Macs superior reliability being the reason for the 6yr upgrade cycle. Also it's not that Macs outperform PCs, it's quite the opposite. It's a fact humans are greedy, look at all the people wanting VDJ 4.0 when 3.4 is still better than it's competition, there's no reason for 80% of us to want the upgrade, but we do.

Don't get me wrong. I've said it before; If you know what you're doing and you don't mind maintaining a computer, then windows pc's are fine. However, the majority of the switchers I talk to don't care about EVER having to see the inside of a computer, much less having to maintain an OS.

Andrew87 wrote :
Also why completely dismiss the post below mine, the one that really damages all your talk about Macs being troublefree?

HA!!!

That was one of the most ignorant posts I've ever had to counter argue. So much so that I'm mad at myself for having wasted my time endulging "Simon[whatever]".

I didn't dismiss or dodge it at all. I was just writing my rebuttal with proven fact to discredit his non-sensical fiction.

Yeah, lock this thread now.

I win. =P

Posted Mon 05 Jun 06 @ 5:04 pm
dj-in-norway wrote :
lol ;) are you on a ConQuest to make all use mac's ?;) hehe

just kidding... Mac's are allright for sure;)

Lol!

No, I just have 16 years of experience on windows, Novell, Unix, and Mac networks and know windows VERY well.

That's why I don't use it.

The only thing I've done longer than work on computers is dj [since' 87]. =)

It's amusing to me to hear the same microsoft apologist and windows lemmings propoganda excuses used by people who I GUARANTEE you don't know Mac's nearly as well asI know windows.

My problem is not just with windows being a POS operating system, but with microsoft being a criminal organization.

3 convictions by 3 countries in less than 5 years doesn't lie.

2001 - US
2004 - EU
2005 - South Korea

More lawsuits from other countries on the way too. =)

BTW, thnaks for the confirmaion baout VDJ 4 for Mac, "Norway"! ;)

I linked the thread I started here over on a Mac forum btw:
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=206543

Posted Mon 05 Jun 06 @ 5:15 pm
lool ;) hehe

U win... yeah... in many ways u do:)
Mac's has its advantages

Posted Mon 05 Jun 06 @ 5:16 pm
The fact of the matter is, we all know about Mac & PC's, and guess what. Most of the world still uses, Windows. You may be smart but you are not the smartest person here. I thought this post was about Windows security? Total lack of respect to the guy that started this post. It is obvious that you like to hear yourself talk, by the length of your post. You are going on and on about something that most of us don't care about. You sound like a skipping record. Where does it say that we all need a lesson from you, about what is best for us? If that is what you want to do, START YOUR OWN POST. Here is a newsflash for you. We were doing fine before you came here, crying about what you want. Grow up, get a life, turn down the arrogance, and take your Mac with you. Now, can we get back on topic, or close this down and start over. Show the the guy that started this post, that his issue is just as relevant as all the rest.

Posted Mon 05 Jun 06 @ 9:02 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
@A Man and His Music,
THAT WAS VERY HARSH OF YOU!! NOT!! hehe, totally agree, it's getting boring now.

@ConQuest,
If you let this thread get back on topic then we wont close the thread, oh and please stop selling us MACS OS blah blah blah. If you don't already sell this stuff for a living I'd say you could be onto something there ;) hehe, but we don't generally let spammers loose on the forum.

Posted Mon 05 Jun 06 @ 9:23 pm
???????????????????

ConQuest is perfectly allowed to express his feelings on Macs and PC's
As everybody else is perfectly allowed to debate him

This is the GENERAL DISCUSSION forum, and the discussion to what platform and what OS to use is perfectly allowed, and welcome...

yes, ConQuest might be very passionate about it, but so what... Thats his right.

He might have started it in a Win XP OS thread, but debating the alternative to Win XP is not all that far off the thread (but yes, maybe his own thread would be better.. )

What I can't understand is why you all can't treat eachother with respect.. No need for namecalling, sarcasm, and so on...

A debate about what OS to use for djing, for VDJ, and computing in general is perfectly allowed, even welcome... I read it with huge interest..

I have both Mac and PC's..... And ConQuest got some great points!.. Althoght maybe seeing things abit too black/white... cause PC's can work perfect too (but he actually said that too).

Read this forum, and you all will see that the multiple hardware solutions for the PC's is not only causing problems for VDJ, but even for the OS itself (Windows).
Mac's have a LOT cleaner world... where hardware/OS are predefined...

Anyways... no need for sarcasms..... We have all posted passionate about some topic here, and all ConQuest is quilty of is being passionate about macs! ;) perfectly allowed, and a valid discussion...

Happy mixing... :)

Rune

Posted Mon 05 Jun 06 @ 10:26 pm
dj-in-norway wrote :
This is the GENERAL DISCUSSION forum, and the discussion to what platform and what OS to use is perfectly allowed, and welcome...

As has been said before, Conquest is welcome to make his own thread to debate Mac vs PCs but he hijacked this one, not a single of his posts were on subject.

Posted Mon 05 Jun 06 @ 10:28 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I was observing this thread with interest, but it's been taken way off topic, basically it's one post after another selling us Macs in quite an overstated way, I don't see room for that in this thread, better to start a new thread "Macs verse PC's" or whatever, maybe that will draw a windows enthusiast to the debate, and they can talk about it all day and night :).

For now I'm happy enough with windows despite some relatively minor problems, let's not impose our views, better to be humbley opinioned in my humble opinion.

Posted Mon 05 Jun 06 @ 10:52 pm
"What I can't understand is why you all can't treat eachother with respect.. No need for namecalling, sarcasm, and so on..."

It he had shown DJ Phil some respect, we would not be here. Are you saying because he is passionate, it is OK to hijack this tread? Read my post again. I am all for letting us say what we feel, and I did not say he could not have this debate. Just not on someone else's dime. Someone needs some balls around here, and say HEY, START YOUR OWN POST. What is wrong with that? I came here for one thing, and ended up going through pages and pages of something else. The whole purpose of having topics, is so you can go to what interest you, or where you can help. I thought part of a moderators job was to keep things on topic. This is one of the worst hijacks I have ever seen. That is the point I am trying to make, so lets keep the focus on that. If he can speak his mind, let me speak mine. If he can be "passionate", then let me be "sarcastic". Sarcasm is a perfectly good form of communication. I know we have children on this forum, but I am not one of them. If my words seem a little harsh, then maybe we need a grown-ups forum. Before I reply to any post, I read it twice, so I can understand what the person is saying. That hint may help others.

Posted Tue 06 Jun 06 @ 12:33 am
hehe... ok ;)

you are passionate too...hehe;)

Posted Tue 06 Jun 06 @ 1:57 am
@ "Andrew87" AND "A Man and His Music":

I've been holding this back for awhile now, but I truly believe that honesty is the best policy. With that said I thought that you should know that I ... I think I love you... both of you. =P

Okay, I apologize [ especially to DJ PHIL IT... I love you too man =P ] for taking the thread off topic, although my first post was actually providing a solution to to this XP anti-piracy check. Just not a solution that some of you windows users may like or have an option to excercise, because it requires getting rid of windows altogether.

Some of you, like Norway [the love of my life... BTW, I'm not gay people, just lightening up the mood a little], have experience on both computer platforms and know that what I am saying about the difference between pc's and Macs is true. MOST of you however, I just know don't really know squat about Macs [other than you realize that they exist and maybe you've seen, and maybe even touched one before] and are quick to rush to the defense of the only thing you know, which makes you biased and un-informed, and ultimately results in typical default, and constantly disproven answers like "Macs are more expensive", "Macs are too proprietary [it's called quality control BTW]", and my favorite, "Macs are more prone to problems than windows computers", although everyone of those HYPOTHETICAL scenarios is just that, hypothetical. Thank you to "SimonBal1984" for that last gem of misinformed propoganda... you I don't love as much, mister... =P

The cold, hard FACT is that windows problems are REAL, and here NOW.

As I previously stated, I have 16 years of professional experience on windows, Mac, Novell, and Unix networks and clients thanks to prior employment with companies like Xerox and other... lets just say... fruity companies. So please don't mis-understand my disdain for windows [but mostly microsoft, for ethical reasons], it's because I know windows as well as I do that I don't use it.

But [finally] getting back on topic, and setting the best solution to windows problems aside [which is to ditch windows altogether], DON'T STEAL. =)

Posted Tue 06 Jun 06 @ 9:27 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)