Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Ditching The PCDJ & Coming Over - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Thanks Cyder,you guys are the best.

P@40

Posted Thu 08 Jun 06 @ 6:35 pm
Hi Everyone
I bought VirtualDJ yesterday (mainly for the video capabilities) and I would like to try and get to grips with the program before going live with it.
I am very impressed with some of the features, however, as a PCDJ FX User, I rely heavily on Years and Genres when choosing tracks. It doesn't look like VirtualDJ displays these fields. Do you know if there any plans to introduce this facility to the database ?

Posted Tue 13 Jun 06 @ 11:24 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Welcome as VDJ member! ;)
The answer can give you only one of dev teamers, but this question was asked many times. So maybe we will see this in v4 ;)

Posted Tue 13 Jun 06 @ 11:34 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
If you have the time, you can re-arrange all your tracks in Genre and sub-genre folders, and then in each genre folder, have a year folder.

Then in the local database if you are looking for a track from 2006 you type 2006 and you will get all files that are in 2006 folders.

For the moment Year and Genre fields aren't in the browser, but they could be implemented in next releases. Usually the dev-team listens to user's requests.

Posted Tue 13 Jun 06 @ 11:36 am
Thanks for your quick responses guys. All my tracks (approx 7000) are in one folder and the search filters on PCDJ FX sort them into Artists, Titles, BPMs, Genres or Years at the touch of a button. I would look forward very much to this being implemented as they are already stored in the ID Tags.

Posted Tue 13 Jun 06 @ 11:55 am
Having a text field in that side list would be a great addition. I work in a strip club, and I got used to having my rotation in a wordpad window next to the program used to DJ with. (PCDJ) Now with the skin I use covers the whole screen. I don't want to ALT-TAB all night to see who is next. Love the program, keep up the good work!!

Posted Tue 13 Jun 06 @ 10:05 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)