Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: File Management- Search Engine

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djwoodPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I would like to see better file management perhaps a file search engine that will link to your music archives. This way you could search for songs based on any criteria(not just artist and song title). For instance: if you need a 4 minute song, or a song from a certain year or genre you can easily type in this information and it will bring up a list of songs from your music library that match your criteria. It would be very helpful if this search also included videos as many people i know are moving more heavily into VJ'ing. This would save a lot of time as opposed to searching through your music for a particular file.

Posted Fri 02 Jun 06 @ 2:02 am
JeremKPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2004
For the moment you could sort all your files in folders with Genre and then sub-folders for years.

That way in the database if you are looking for a song from 2004 you type 2004 in the database search field and it will list you all files that are in 2004 folders.
I agree this is only a workaround.

For the 4 minutes song, this is already possible. Go to the database then click on the "lenght" column and it will sort all files by length (increasingly or decreasingly). Then scroll down and you should find all your files that are 4 minutes long.
The advantage of this, is that is you could to with a 3'55" song then you'll find it. If there was a search by length and you typed 4' you would get all files 4' minutes long including files 4'59" long.

Posted Fri 02 Jun 06 @ 12:20 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)