Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: long brake plug-in... weird problem.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I am actually not sure if it is entirely the plug-in long brake that is causing this. I did a gig at a bar I DJ at on tuesday nights. Well I set the long brake effect as my 3 effect on both players. I set the brake for like 4 to 5 seconds. Through the night I used here and there ... not too much. Well out of the blue the effect would just set it self off while my song was playing live for everyone. Fortunatly I had another song ready and just started it... But it happened like 4 times through the night. In fact as I was previewing a song and using the mouse to skip ahead to the end to hear what it sounded like ... the song through in the effect as I was trying to listen to it. So I loaded a different copy of it (mp3 files) and played it... and sure enough when it got near the end where I preview the other copy it activated the effect. I am also using a DAC-3 with controlling the files. Not sure if that has anything to do with it. Has anyone here had a similar experience and do you have a solution to this weird problem?

Posted Wed 31 May 06 @ 11:51 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Which other effects do you have with Long Brake? Do you let the plugin finish correctly or disable it?

Posted Wed 31 May 06 @ 12:18 pm
I've had the same problem occassionally with the standard brake plugin. It only tends to happen if I've actually used the plugin atleast once. This has happened to me when using XP10's, TCV and DAC-3. The first few times I thought I triggered it by accident, until it happened while standing away from the equipment (Using TCV at the time.) Most of the times it has happened near the end of a song, so it sounds as though I meant to do it, but it has once or twice triggered in the middle of a song. I've not had this problem with any other plugin I use.

Posted Wed 31 May 06 @ 1:33 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)