Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: EMU 1616 vs. Indigo DJ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I am currently using Echo Indigo DJ for playing out at clubs. It's a great little card, but it does not have a MIDI port or Line Inputs. I am thinking of upgrading to something like Creative E-MU 1616.
People who have experience with these cards, what do you think about such an upgrade? Would the sound quality benifit and do you use the DSP plugins made for that card while using VDJ?

Posted Tue 30 May 06 @ 11:29 pm
I have the EMU 1212M and have no complaints. Sound quality is excellent and the card is stable.

Posted Wed 31 May 06 @ 4:34 am
funnyb0nzPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2006
I have the emu 1616m and it has worked great. ONly used it for a few months but needed more inputs and purchased the motu ultralite. I am selling the 1616M please feel free to ask questions. It does work great with vdj and you get basically no latency if using tccd. The midi works great as well, hooked up my ecler nuo4 with no problems. Its nice assining effects to the midi controls. No need to buy a mixer that does the effects when vdj does it all with the right plugins.

Posted Wed 31 May 06 @ 6:05 am
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Does EMU require outlet power? What are some EMU the features you found usefull for DJing other then MIDI and extra inputs?

Posted Wed 07 Jun 06 @ 2:45 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)