Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Please More souce

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

EkinoxPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I think that adding the over-loop source code will help newbie like me to create effect.
Why don't ?

Posted Thu 03 Jul 03 @ 7:05 pm
ikkeHome userMember since 2003
You can look at the atomix effect sources too. On a first glance id say there are only some minor API tweaks...

Posted Thu 03 Jul 03 @ 7:24 pm
Well, apart from the fact that it is a dll, there is not much in common with the atomix' plugins.

The main difference beeing that in atomix, the plugin took a data buffer on input and could alter these datas.

In virtualdj, the plugin is asked to render some new datas, and can ask for any unaltered data it needs (it has access to the whole song each time).

Posted Thu 03 Jul 03 @ 8:28 pm
i'v made some effects with atomix,i'm trying to convert them.
I want to use button but there is not example in flanger and brake so the overloop would be nice.
If you don't want to made it public mail me thx !

Posted Thu 03 Jul 03 @ 8:36 pm
Ok you're right about the buttons.
So here it is.

Posted Thu 03 Jul 03 @ 8:43 pm
nice !
Thx

Posted Thu 03 Jul 03 @ 8:53 pm
a complete reference sheet would be usefull too...
Ok it's all i will require for today !

Posted Thu 03 Jul 03 @ 11:52 pm
ikkeHome userMember since 2003
Ok youre right. I had to take a bit a closer look LOL

Posted Fri 04 Jul 03 @ 10:24 am
And for the Backspin ?
Thx :))

Posted Thu 10 Jul 03 @ 9:05 am
dj manHome userMember since 2003
can someone please tell me how to convert atomix effects into vdj effects and vice versa......email at --@--.--
plz hit me up on this one

--
Moderated by Lady Cameron
Sorry dj man no email address is allowed from a demo user

Posted Sat 11 Oct 03 @ 2:14 pm
dj manHome userMember since 2003
okay that email is
--

Posted Sat 11 Oct 03 @ 2:15 pm
kaleoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
You can't convert effects from AtomixMp3 to VDJ (and vice versa) because they are two differents software.
VirtualDj is really much powerfull than AtomixMp3 and effects are not realized in the same way.
Sorry, the best way to have more effects is to buy VirtualDJ :)

Posted Sat 11 Oct 03 @ 2:48 pm
YSRCaliPRO InfinityMember since 2006
First, let me say I love this FX. Props to whom ever created it :)

Is it possible to add another function/feature to the Over-Loop fx?

If so, my request is to add a Volume "fade" slider and an able/disable (on/off) button.

Purpose:
The "fade" slider will control the length of time before the volume fades out while the Over-loop effect is in play.

The able/disable button is just that, You can enable or dis-able this added feature.

Yes, my inquiry is very similar to Echo-Out. However, Echo-Out over-rides the song as it is played untill the button is de-selected, therefore the effect "chops-out" and isn't very appealing to the ear.

Hopefully someone here can add this feature.

In advance, Thanks! :)

Posted Mon 10 Apr 06 @ 10:36 pm
@YSRCali
Do you try Jetlag
With function Roll (selected according to first button), you can make an overloop.
- with the 1st slider, you define the number of beat of the loop
- with the second slider (option Xfader according to third button), you can select loop only or overloop.

Posted Tue 11 Apr 06 @ 4:03 pm
Deun-Deun,

Thanks for the reply :) I will check/try it out when I get home.

Stay tuned for my feedback :-P

Posted Tue 11 Apr 06 @ 6:45 pm
Welp, I installed Jetlag. Cool plug-in, btw. However, the effect wasn't exaclty what I was looking for. One other thing, I found that when activated, the volume level changed or to that effect. It was very obvious to the ear when this effect is activated as well as de-activated.

It's possible I'm not using Over-loop how it was intended either (lol)

Echo-Out is as close to the effect I was looking for. It would be nice if you can choose a setting to over-ride the played song (it's curent default) or be played/heard along with the current played song.

My intent or suggested intent is to create/hear an echo affect that is played/heard while the original song is still played/heard. Having a slider will control the length of the affect before it fades out (volume wise).

Currently how I use Over-loop: initiate/activate it within a half beat to create an echo affect. I use the volume slide to control a "fade out" affect so I can control the length of the affect heard, hence a smooth transition out, rather than a "cut-out" affect.

Can the Over-loop or Echo-Out effect be modified to my inquiry or is it best to create a new plug-in?

Either case, is there someone here that can manipulate or create a/the plug-in to my intent?

thanks! :)

Posted Wed 12 Apr 06 @ 5:22 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)