Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: New here.. and need help, and pointers

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi there, I’m fairly new to the Virtual DJ world... I have been using VDJ for a few months with great success... I’m starting to get used to using the loops and samples... now I want to learn much more about effects.

First question... are plugins the same as effects??? are they all under the effect tab? I know how to use the effects.. But have not used them much yet. There seams to be a lot of discussion about plugins... Can someone point me in the right direction with regards to them.. Where can I learn how to get them, and use them.

Second question.... under the VDJ program folder I have a few files called: Scratch_Backward Chops.dll, Scratch_Backward Scratch.dll, Scratch_Forward Chops.dll, Scratch_Forward Scratch.dll. What are these.. And is that something that I can use??? I find that the scratching does not sound good at all... most likely I don’t have a controller.. Im using mouse, and keyboard, and I’m just learning.

ANY HELP would be great!!!!

Thanks,
Scottie

Posted Fri 19 May 06 @ 7:50 pm
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi Scottie, and welcome to the VDJ world!

First answer: plugins are simply effects, as you thought! You can get them from http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/effects.html. Like you, I don't use them so much, because I prefer "plain" trasitions (beatmatch), when this is possible anyway!

Second answer: those "scratch" DLLs are use by VDj so simplify scratching. For example, if you set "forward scratch", volume on backward scratch is disabled, and the same "forward chops", which works when "nudging". They are used to avoid manual volume changes on scratch, which sometimes are difficult to do (expecially if you're scratching, like in rap, hip-hop and R&B).

Posted Fri 19 May 06 @ 8:24 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)