Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: dj console skin with 3 turntables

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

zedoHome userMember since 2006
i use virtual dj with dj console skin and is great, but, it would be very greatfull if that peculiar skin had 3 turntables, its just a suggestion, please make it possible, because other skin are great, but doesn´t have some things that dj console skin has. i´ve downloaded one skin that makes two instances of vdj called multi-instance, its good you cpuld have 4 turntables at the same time, but, doesn´t have some things that dj console has, and it doesn´t syncronize well wilt the other instances...... so, that´s it ,
i know sounds crazy to have 3 turntables in the vdj console skin, but i tell you, it would be wondefull if someone get to create it !!

thanks!!

Posted Thu 18 May 06 @ 4:22 am
Yes this could be a great addition but the problem is that I believe a skin like this cannot be created. Why ? Because skins uses functions that are implemented in VirtualDJ, and as I know VDJ doesn't support more than 2 turntables at once except with network sync, and multi-instance skin in fact uses this function.

So if you really wanna 3 turntables with console skin, the only thing I can think to get around is to reduce the size of the skin to have the space to have another VDJ instance with same console skin, and then do a network sync. But in this case there are three problem:

1- To reduce skin's size you use an automated software, like VDJ Skin Resizer that I made. But you may result with a too small skin that will not be very useable :/
2- You manually reduse skin's size and give away some buttons and functions, but in this case you should use multi-instance skin I believe.
3- To be able to use this technic you must have VirtualDJ Pro version, or two computers with another version :p

Good luck in your quest, I can't really help you much because I don't have this function, and in plus I never really made working this sync function between two computers, but I don't really need it for the moment so I didn't really searched a solution ;)

Posted Thu 18 May 06 @ 4:56 am
no possible only with multi instance

Posted Thu 18 May 06 @ 9:08 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Thu 18 May 06 @ 9:22 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)