Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: using cdj1000s with virtual dj

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hi guys,
here is my question! i have just purchased a hercules mk2 and as you know the virtual dj package comes with this, i have never used software like this and it blew me away , i love it. i also love the hercules , this combination is right for me as i am playing more and more mp3s, i also have pioneer cdj1000s and i havent touched them since using virtual and the hercules. i am considering selling them for the pioneer cdj1000 mk3 as they play mp3s. can you use virtual dj with pioneer cdj1000s? if so how do you do this? can i use the software i got with the hercules or do i need to by new software? i know i can connect my cdjs to the hercules mixer and use the virtual dj with mp3s and the cdjs with cd and do a mix but can i use the virtual dj with mp3s and use my cdj1000s to manipulate the mp3s that are loaded into virtual dj? like you can with time coded vinyl, some many questions!! ha ha !! anyfeedback would be appreciated

thanks

Posted Wed 17 May 06 @ 1:49 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
You can control VDJ with Timecode Cd's and your players, but I don't know if you can do that with your version since it is "Home edition".
P.S. Ok, I just saw this page http://www.virtualdj.com/products/comparison.html for comparison and it says that you have limited Timecoded Vinyl support, which is the same as Timecode Cd's. It seems you have to go Pro :) . Consider selling Mk2 and start using your CDJ's with Pro version of VDJ!

Posted Wed 17 May 06 @ 2:04 am
thanks for advice, i cant sell my hercules ive just got it and im like a kid with a new toy, !! i think i might upgrade, where do you get the time coded cds?

Posted Wed 17 May 06 @ 2:15 am
just thought i would need the hercules because it has a built in soundcard too

Posted Wed 17 May 06 @ 2:23 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005

Posted Wed 17 May 06 @ 2:43 am
ktilakPRO InfinityMember since 2006
mk2 has two RCA line-in inputs... as well as grounding terminals and two phono-ins with a switch to toggle between, as well as "audio source" buttons to switch between mp3 controller and stero input

really great little thing lol

aka- u can plug in your two cd decks into the mk2 and timecode away!

Posted Wed 17 May 06 @ 6:31 am
you CAN use the Hercules MK2 for connecting TWO decks with timecode... yes;)

Mk2 has 2 RCA stereo ins, both line-in (CD) and phon-in (turntable) by switch... :)

Posted Wed 17 May 06 @ 1:41 pm
i havent got a clue on how to burn that web page audio onto a cd its all in french , sacrableu!!

Posted Wed 17 May 06 @ 6:10 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
use nero to make an audio cd and just drag the track to it ...then burn it ....or u can use windows media and select the burn tab and drag the file in there and burn it

Posted Wed 17 May 06 @ 6:14 pm
there is nothing to select just one long bar which has play and stop, have you clicked on the link to see what i mean?

thanks

Posted Thu 18 May 06 @ 12:19 am
Yoyu should not open the dowload, but save it to disk. Right click on the dowload link and select "Save target as". Specify a location on your drive and save the mp3.
Open Nero or another cd burning tool and create an audio cd (project). Drag the downloaded file to this project and burn the cd.
Ewout

Posted Thu 18 May 06 @ 6:29 pm
thanks mate much appreciated

Posted Fri 19 May 06 @ 12:05 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)