Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: VDJ Skin Resizer Bugs Report

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi back ;)

So this thread will be used to correct some bugs about VDJ Skin Resizer, and for XML resizing problem globally.

And since I'm the author of this software I'm the first to detect a bug :p
But this bug is not directly implied to the software I think but to the resize process of some skin. So here is an example:

JN-Black v3.11 by Jim Nordic resized to 1152x864: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2T1FXDZ6

If you try to launch it, it will tell you "error at line 4", where there is the logo section, but this is weird because with other skins with logo section too there is no problem at all.

I have VirtualDJ v3.1, so I thought it could be because I haven't the last version, but as I could see the skin was done a way before, so this shouldn't be this, and the original skin work, but not the resized one and I don't understand why at all...

Thx in advance for any help =)

Posted Tue 16 May 06 @ 3:11 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
grosbedos:

What ever help you bring to the community, doesn't give you the right to use a cracked software.

If you continue using the cracked version of VDJ, your account will be locked.

Posted Tue 16 May 06 @ 1:02 pm
Oh I know sorry, but I use a fully purchased version of the software, but since I'm not interesting in something else than skins I didn't saw the point to register me.
But if this is really an issue, I will try to register my serial, as soon as I find this damn box, and if you see my rooms you'd understand why it's not an easy task =)

Posted Tue 16 May 06 @ 2:55 pm
VDJ Pro doesn't come in a box, it's a software instant download.

The serial number comes through email.

Piracy staff is going to get you!

Posted Tue 16 May 06 @ 4:36 pm
I don't have Pro but Home version =) But do what you want, I understand that 'virtual' thiefs must be busted, after all the creators of this wonderful software have spent much time, and not only on this product line (I too was a fan of Dance eJay, particularly SE 1 rockssss! ;) ).

Anyway let's return onto the original topic =)

So I ran some further tests, and it seems that the logo must have a minmum size of 100x25 and must NOT overlay on other controls, else VirtualDJ produces an error. So a technic that can be used when reducing a skin size is to add some more height that will take over the previously 'hidden' part of the skin, but for some pixel there shouldn't be any problem.

Another thing when resizing a skin is that some controls, particularly round turnable ones like scratch, can have their animations deformed. In this case, you must manually resize the bugged animations externally, but this shouldn't be a real problem (you can do that even with Windows Paint, all you need to do is enlarge a little the animations part and this should be fine). Anyway, without this trick the resized skin should perfectly work, but if you want to have a really bug-free skin then you may have to do this step to get it ;)

Posted Thu 18 May 06 @ 5:07 am
DJ FORMATPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
So you havet tested the VDJ Skin Resizer with pro skins ??????

Posted Thu 18 May 06 @ 5:18 am
@grosbedos:

Please stop telling lies. If you do own a version of VDJ and have a serial number, put in your profile. If you don't then just tell the truth.

Posted Thu 18 May 06 @ 7:38 pm
@DJ FORMAT: Erf sorry I didn't even knew there was pro skins =(

I just took a look at skin sections and as I can see the only things added are timecoded functions in skins, but even if I can't test I'm almost sure the program should finely work, because as long as it is in xml the syntax is very clear and equal throughout the file.

And in the worst possibly case where this doesn't work, there are then 2 possibilities:

1- The engine is fully customizable so you can add your very own criterias, and even search direction, so I don't see how this couldn't work ;p
2- If the search engine really miss something, then there are sources codes and anybody can freely modify it =)

But in any case I'm sure this should work, tell me otherwise if you test ;)

---------------------------------

@JeremK: Yes okay I will, but let me take a closer look tis week-end because for now I'm a little busy with work =) But please, would you stop being so rude with me, I don't ask for anything in the community, I just sent a software that I think can greatly help the community and I don't ask anything in return, because I want everybody enjoy as much as possible this great piece of software, and such a limitation can greatly break the fun out of it.

You will have what you want, I can assure you, but please, be in peace and let people be too :p

And instead talking, why not testing, this would be more productive ;)

Be in peace, cya!

--
Moderated by Lady Cameron
Sorry grosbedos no email address is allowed from a demo user

Posted Fri 19 May 06 @ 7:57 am
could you send me an email at lej_pub@hotmail.com please.

It seems you are from France and i would like to talk to you. :)

Posted Fri 19 May 06 @ 9:30 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)