Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: please help, new to the software

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hi guys i have just purchased a hercules mk2 and the virtual dj comes with the package, im just getting used to it, but when i play my tunes in the virtual dj with my hercules its dragging a little, not a jump but it sound like its not streaming fast enough but when i play the same mp3 in windows or another application the drag has completly gone. you can hear this best when you play intro to house music where there is just the sound of the drum for about 30 secs with nothing else going on. its driving me up the wall, i have about 7gb on my c drive, please help, my mixes sound bloody awful at the minute and its driving me up the wall, i might just go back to my cdj1000s................help

Posted Fri 12 May 06 @ 12:47 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
step one : remove all other usb items from your computer

Step two : run a full disk defragmentation

Step three : Check your usb bandwith settings in device manager , the console needs the most

step four :
try deleting some uneeded programs and files as these will make your pc lag

step 5:
try Game xp for speeding up proformance for processor intensive programs

http://www.theorica.net/gamexp.htm

its free and its worked wonders on my machine.

if this fails try
http://www.theorica.net/safexp.htm
and shut down any services you know you dont need

ITS IMPORTANT THAT YOU USE THE BACK UP FEATURES IN THIS PROGRAM!!!

incase of any conflicts

Posted Fri 12 May 06 @ 10:27 am
Also try disabling Time stretch in configuration, and turn off Master tempo. You may want to turn off beat lock, to see if that helps. Also list your specs for the machine.

Posted Fri 12 May 06 @ 8:55 pm
ha ha love i tried everything everyone suggested including the upload, thanks to everyone i think it was the time stretch in the fame settings, im well chuffed its working ok now, such a small thing can make a big difference, i was wondering if there is any other little tweeks i can do to get the best out of the software? any comments would be welcomed, also i have uploaded the demo video for some hints and tips is there any other manuals? how do you become a professional user so i can upload all the other stuff on this site. i have been djing for many years, with 1210s, then cd and now mp3 and i love this program when will the new version be out?
once again thanks and keep up the good work on this site it really helps

respect

Posted Sat 13 May 06 @ 12:47 am
You can become a pro user, by upgrading to the pro version. This will take you to a level that will blow your mind. If you like the free version you got with the controller, the pro version will have you touching yourself, and smiling. If you go here, http://www.virtualdj.com/purchase/discount.html, you will get a discount, because you already have the home edition. The options and plug ins, just gives you so much more to work with. Did I say video mixing? But wait there's more. As a pro user, you are entitled to free upgrades. That's right, when ver 4 becomes available, you will get that absolutely free. Ver 4 is now in beta testing, and no set date has been set, but they are working day and night. Welcome to the forum, as the Romans would say.

Posted Sat 13 May 06 @ 10:30 am
aubs123PRO InfinityMember since 2006
as a newbie my self i would also like to add my thanks for the above posts you have also solved my problems by me turning off the time stretch facilaty all is working great now and am also looking forward to upgradeing to the full pro version
thanks again

Posted Sun 14 May 06 @ 12:02 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)