Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Video Freezing Help

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

superjPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I just got An Alienware Laptop(Nivideo 7800card), and after long period of usage or really hard mixing the video starts to stick a little and continues to get worse. When I close the output window and open it again it fixes it for a little while(this has to be a memory issue right). Also when i crossfade from track to track the video sticks a bit when I first start to fade is this normal??? I need help bad, this laptop should be perfect!!

Posted Wed 10 May 06 @ 1:03 am
You didn't say how much ram you have. There was another thread here, that mentioned a memory leak. I can tell you that I know nothing about memory leaks, so I can't comment on that. My only problem with that is, I would think all machines would exhibit the same behavior. I mean, is this a memory leak in the software? If it is, has it been verified by the company? I could be wrong, but my thoughts center around heat build up. To me that is the only thing that is changing, over time. This is something that happens after you have been running for awhile.

Posted Wed 10 May 06 @ 5:54 am
Hi,

In the config menu, under the video tab, make sure that the "decode while hidden box" has a tick in it. That can sometimes stop videos stuttering when they start.

Hope that helps.

Posted Wed 10 May 06 @ 10:35 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)