Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: search

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I wish we could just search the hard drives at one time without holding the shift button by just typing the name.

Also the database doesn't search for karaoke zip files.
Searching for karaoke songs would be easier just by typing the name in also.

Posted Tue 09 May 06 @ 7:36 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2004
To enable Karaoke zip files to be listed in the database go to VDJ config.

Go then to the extension tab

And add the extenstion zip with the Karaoke/Zip decoder and click OK

Then rescan your harddrives and it should be fine.

Posted Tue 09 May 06 @ 10:23 pm
Will we ever be able to search our hard drives without holding the shift button and switcing to every file?

I mean just by typing a name?

Posted Thu 11 May 06 @ 9:16 pm
I dont understand you. First scan your hard drives and then you could search your drives. The search is not case sensitive, so you don't have to hold the shift key. You could also use wildcards like "Michael*Jean" to get Michael Jackson - Billie Jean.mp3.
So could you give some more info on your problem?
Ewout

Posted Thu 11 May 06 @ 9:41 pm
I am sorry, I was confused. But can you tell mw how to scan for .cdg files?

Posted Fri 12 May 06 @ 12:22 am
never mind, thank you so much!!!

Posted Fri 12 May 06 @ 1:04 am
Just one more question?

Is there a way on the karaoke to have the keychanger automatically go back to zero when the song is over?

I keep forgetting to reset it for the next singer

Thank you again!!!

Posted Fri 12 May 06 @ 1:06 am
Only the the programer of the keychanger could do that.

But i guess you will have to make sure each time you put it back to 0.

Posted Fri 12 May 06 @ 11:40 am
Julio, post your request to change the plugin in the Plugin forum, or find out who made it and send him / her a private message.
Ewout

Posted Fri 12 May 06 @ 7:39 pm
in atomixmp3 when you typed in search bar it would search entire hard drive for song . but in vdj you have to be in the folder to search for the song. it wont search hard drive just folder . thanks paid user atomix & vdj. that is the only thing i dont like about vdj thanks ricky price

Posted Mon 15 May 06 @ 3:21 am
if you add the hardrive to the database then when you search the database it will search the hole harddrive.

Posted Mon 15 May 06 @ 10:21 am
The only problem with that is if music is on the same drive as the OS, cause it will add every little windows sound file. Works great on another drive. I just go into the file tree under my computer and ADD the folders seperately to avoid all the OS crap. Cheers Brian

Posted Sun 04 Jun 06 @ 10:27 am
Discobrian, thats a workaround. I recommend that you never store data (like music files) on the same drive as your operating system. If you are having problems with your windows install and have to format the drive...
So store your music on a different partition or drive. In this case you could simply format the c drive and you will keep you data. Also note to make copies / backups of your vdj database, which is default located at the c drive.
Ewout

Posted Mon 05 Jun 06 @ 12:37 am
Thanks for the info, I currently only have Napster files on the C drive as I don't know how to change that and then Napster see them when it re-licenses the files. I make a back up of my databases onto a different drive weekly and/or when I do any work in VDJ. I mostly do the backup before and after. Cheers Brian

Posted Mon 05 Jun 06 @ 7:10 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)