Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Loading songs via keyboard?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Is there a way to assign a shortcut to load songs to the player? I know you can press the “enter” key to load a song to the free deck but this - gives a bit of problem because I have to press the stop button on my TT or hold the platter(which is a bit of the delay cuz sometimes the platter moves under my hand). A specific shortcut key for each player would be quicker for me. I looked in the keyboard settings and didn’t see an option for this..

Posted Tue 09 May 06 @ 6:06 pm
There is a shortcut for this function in the "browser" category... Assuming the correct song is highlighted (which you can also control via commands from the "browser" category), you can use the "open" command to play a file -- and you can set it for deck 1, deck 2, "default", or "active" decks!

Posted Tue 09 May 06 @ 7:42 pm
vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
yes there is. ^^^

Posted Tue 09 May 06 @ 8:16 pm
Thank alot...It works perfectly.

Posted Tue 09 May 06 @ 8:19 pm
No problem, enjoy!

Posted Tue 09 May 06 @ 8:32 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
whats the diff between default and active?

Posted Tue 09 May 06 @ 11:18 pm
Dj Xeo: are you sure you are an "experienced user" ? :) "Default" is the deck you are working on, the one not playing typically, the one highlighted in various ways depending on which skin you're using. "Active" deck is the one playing, the non-highlighted one, the one you are typically not actively working on...

Posted Tue 09 May 06 @ 11:53 pm
I have asigned 2 keys to load the decks from the play list. one key loads the right deck, the other one loads the left deck.. they work great... BUT if a deck is playing, and the key is presed to load that deck.. IT KILLS THE SONG, AND LOADS IT... at least with the mouse, I get a warning (do I realy want to stop this song from playing?)

Any ideas how I can fix this?? I need it to at least warn me that Im about to do something stupid!

Scottie :)

Posted Wed 10 May 06 @ 4:53 am
You've been warned.

Posted Wed 10 May 06 @ 5:02 am
It will still give a warning message even if you are using the keyboard shortcuts if “Ask” or “Always” in the General setting “Security” tab is selected.
But this will defeat the purpose of using keyboard shortcuts for me. I use the Alt + right & Alt + left arrow for each deck so I don’t get confused too easily. I killed the playing track a couple of times - but practice make perfect so after a few screw-up - you will remember which deck to load the song

Posted Wed 10 May 06 @ 5:21 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
After some beers or some blondies to see in the club you will not remember... believe me..
Security to "ALWAYS"... always..

Posted Wed 10 May 06 @ 12:02 pm
xgl_dj,

I have set my settings to Always, and Ask... still no warning.. and yes, I have loaded the wrong deck at the wrong time as well...

Anyone else know if there is a fix for this??

Scottie

Posted Wed 10 May 06 @ 4:40 pm
Dj-LosPRO InfinityMember since 2005

Same here, i have set it to "always" or "ask" and it never pops up any window.
If the song is playing, and I use shortcut "unload", it immediately unloads, another bad thing....

I do remember some time ago it used to pop up and ask me, don't know what has changed.

-Dj Los.

Posted Wed 10 May 06 @ 5:03 pm
Ok – works on my end I just tested it again. Well the first time I posted I didn’t test what “Always” does only I only tested “Ask” – so I assumed they worked the same.

“Always” – does not load a song on the deck if one is currently playing – even if you use the mouse or keyboard shortcut to load the song. The deck has to be completely stopped in order for you to load a new song.
“Ask” – gives a warning message if a song is playing on the deck and you try to load a new song either using the mouse or keyboard shortcut

^^^Maybe some else can verify that this works – possibly could be a bug or something if it not working on your machine.

@ Dj- Los --The unload shortcut is different – it does not give a message – but you should use combination key – like ctrl + U or something to make sure u don’t make that mistake – maybe it will be addressed in v4.

Posted Wed 10 May 06 @ 5:58 pm
mine will still load without warning even if set to always!

Posted Wed 10 May 06 @ 6:22 pm
Dj-LosPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Ok, think I am on to something, I used "ask" then slide cross fader to the right (player B) loaded a song and played it. I then loaded song to player A, I then tried to load another song on player B while it was playing and I got the pop up asking. So I checked more, and it seems to be if the cross fader is faded to that player it will pop up and ask, otherwise it just loads the song.

Please try and let us know.

Also, if you answer no, it adds the song to your playlist, not sure yet if I like that or not.

My 2 cents: To me it makes no sense then, it should ask if set to, no matter where the crossfader is.
I don't generally use the crossfader, hence that is why I have not seem the pop up in quite some time.

Seems another bug from them to fix in V4.

-Dj Los.

Posted Wed 10 May 06 @ 10:12 pm
doesnt seam to make a diffrence to mine where the crossfader is.... Dam... need a fix for this.. I hate having to use the mouse... keyboard shortcuts are much more convient...

Posted Thu 11 May 06 @ 6:14 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)