Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: XP10 Next Generation - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

tunicPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi all,

I know this had probably been discussed many a time but does anyone know if there are any planned new versions of the XP10 or similar?

I'd love a contoller only version but that's just a preference. Or are there any similar controllers out there - as in a CDJ1000 style touch sensitive jog wheel - without a mixer? I'm now thinking XP10s are probably the best way to play out at an existing installation with mp3s.

Also, has anyone got any feedback on the DJ Control - specifically the button contacts? And is it possible to disable EQ/crossfader controls on it?

Posted Mon 08 May 06 @ 3:41 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004

Posted Mon 08 May 06 @ 4:00 pm
Far too big to be carrying to gigs though - I'm talking about playing in clubs with mp3s. I think the idea of a spinning platter is overrated judging by just how popular the Pioneer CDJs are - though a scratch marker is probably very important (something the current XP10 lacks).

Anyone selling a working XP10 ;o) ?

Posted Mon 08 May 06 @ 4:42 pm
i think it't not so big. anyway.. it depends of club. in our club i have a table 2m long and i can put on it even my girl lol ;)

Posted Mon 08 May 06 @ 5:18 pm
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Numark's new iCDX seems like a new generation of the xp10. I personally wouldnt recommend the xp10 as its not a quality built controller.

Posted Mon 08 May 06 @ 10:38 pm
Is the build quality of the XP10 really that bad? I've heard some people say the buttons can give if not treated right - but generally are they worse than say the DJ Console / Control? I thought the job wheel was supposed to be as good as a CDJ1000 (re: DJ Mag review)

Posted Mon 08 May 06 @ 11:08 pm

ROCK!;)

Posted Mon 08 May 06 @ 11:09 pm
if this wheel would spinning...... :)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Posted Mon 08 May 06 @ 11:18 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2004
This: http://eks.fi/index.php?page=uutiskuva&id=3330 isn't the new XP10.

It is a completely new and different gear to the xp10. It's the size of a vinyl turntable (and nearly the weight, it's at least 10Kg if my memory is good). I talked to EKS Manager in February at the SIEL event in Paris, and this is only a prototype for the moment.
But he was saying it would be on the market in September.
If you want to know the price, then read the following lines:
-First of all, make sure you are correctly sitting down on your chair in front of your computer
-If you have any heart problems STOP READING!
-The Price is:
1999€ for ONE unit

I hope i didn't hurt anybody!

:)

Posted Mon 08 May 06 @ 11:21 pm
How can they tell the price if they didn't make it yet?
I wanted to tell that the next unit from eks will be this one. Because i don't know the name i said "the New xp10" ;)

If it is prototype, imagine prototype of car! What't the pryce? at least 4 times higher than real model at market.

I think it won't be more than 500 eur.

Posted Mon 08 May 06 @ 11:26 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
would be better if they made one without the cd drive and just made it midi

Posted Mon 08 May 06 @ 11:36 pm
Do you mean numark? I agree, but i would buy with cd-player. it can be as backup ;)

Posted Mon 08 May 06 @ 11:43 pm
yeah... + it can connect to external usb drives;)
I'm definitively checkin it out soon ;)

Posted Tue 09 May 06 @ 12:50 am
JeremKPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2004
Xeon, of course this prototype costs more than 1999€, but the EKS Manager said the final product will be on the market for 1999€

I told him that's a crazy price, and asked him how does he want to sell his product, and he answered it's a very professional product, some people will put the money in for it. :-|

Posted Tue 09 May 06 @ 12:57 am
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Thats the most ridiculous price I've heard. Good luck to them, I think they would struggle to have people lining up to buy.

Posted Tue 09 May 06 @ 4:05 am
"some people will put the money in for it" he said SOME :) Do they want to sell 10 pieces? maybe 30? :D
For this price you can get much more. XP10 is too expensive for what it can give you. but 2000 eur for one unit.... I think they will get all products back from stores lol ;)

I think they exaggerate.

Posted Tue 09 May 06 @ 9:49 am
Considering the price of a laptop on top, assuming they are still going down that route - it is a ridiculous proposition really. Top of the range CDJs are half that - and that is without the laptop cost.

I really really want a pure midi controller with touch sensitive wheel. Starting to think the only way is to build one - and I am no electronics expert so not really sure where to start. I think the price of the DJ Console has got it right. Two midi only controllers for about £150 a piece is about right I think.

I think the new Numark controllers look interesting but again, they are very expensive.

Posted Tue 09 May 06 @ 4:34 pm
pernPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Tue 09 May 06 @ 5:35 pm
pernPRO InfinityMember since 2004
BTW:

I'm actually working on a cheap MIDI controller with touch sensitive wheels at the moment. But i'm not using MidiBox, i use a USB based Micro controller instead. When it's finished i will also make this available, just like the other project described in my blog.

Posted Tue 09 May 06 @ 6:02 pm
Hi Pern,

Very interested in this - I believe there is a clear need for such a device.

Posted Tue 09 May 06 @ 10:49 pm
95%