Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Quick Question

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I want to do a sample of someone's voice so I can soon start a brand new beat. The acapella quote is about 3 seconds long. How do I loop it so it can be longer? It just stops after 3 seconds and I know no way of making it longer. I want the voice to start over when its done so it can keep saying it. Anyone knows what I'm talking bout? Or need more detail? I need help Quick!

Posted Sat 06 May 06 @ 9:37 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
If this is only acapella track (no beats in it) you won't be able to use automatic loops since the tempo was not correctly detected (unless you manually input it). Use manual loop-in & loop-out buttons (or keyshortcuts).

Posted Sat 06 May 06 @ 9:52 am
cyes67rPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I got a way what u can do u have to sample it with vdj built in sampler.the way 2 do this is load the sample inone of the decks,then add 2 cue points one in the beginning of the sample an one at the last of the sample once u do this click on the sample screen at the staring point of the sample click on the jingle once then go to the end of the sample and pless jingle again and ur sample has been sample in the sampler.once you do that u can save it by clicking on load and clicking on the save it option.you can even name it.the only thing about ithis feature is that u can't make it longer.what u can do is before u sample it with vdj u have to manually set a bmp.test it with differnet bmps to see witch one fits better

If u have any questions contact me at:
Cyes67r@yahoo.com

Posted Wed 10 May 06 @ 9:32 am
To do it longer is quite easy, but you'll need a wav editing program to do it, like soundforge or wavelab. Once you open with it you can do timestretching with the file and make it longer, or distort it like fat boy slim's famous song Rockafeller Skank. Also you can add delays (you can specify the bpms of the delays) and make it longer with delayed repetitions. There are a vast ammount of plugins, also vst, that let you manipulate a sound and make it longer, reverbs, flangers, vocoders....
Once you get the file as you want save it as wav and load into vdj to make the sample.

Posted Wed 10 May 06 @ 5:15 pm
In addition to the above post, Sony Acid is a brilliant program for loop based editing with various special effects, I think they even have a free version over at acidplanet.net

Posted Wed 10 May 06 @ 5:23 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)