Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Urgent help needed to configure X-Session. See my message in "Hardware Tech Supp

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Not everyone visits the Hardware Technical support area so I posted this message to alert someone who has experience configuring it. I need to use it at a gig tonight!

It is titled "Problems configuring X Session"

Peace out,
Funkmasterfrank
Montreal

Posted Fri 05 May 06 @ 6:58 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
i don't own it, so i can't help you, but you can still use effects as shortcuts at your keyboard! so you can do your gig perfect although you don't use 2 buttons at this controller ;)

Posted Fri 05 May 06 @ 7:09 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
I don't have them here, but I can email you my settings when I get home at 4:15.

It's easy to set up, just open up keyboard shortcuts click add, move a dial so the program recognises it and then assign it to what you want it to do.

Posted Fri 05 May 06 @ 7:54 pm
Thanks for the info....

I already know how to program the controller. With the exception of the 2nd & 3rd Effect on/off button everything works great. Here are the steps I used:

1) Open keyboard shortcuts tab
2) Click add
3) choose effects in left window
4) choose effect in right window
5) Choose which deck I want to assign
6) Change value to "1" for 1st effect button
7) choose which button on controller I want to use (button 1)
8) Click OK
9) Click OK
10) Works Great for effect #1 on/off on each deck(Did exactly the same proceedure for other deck)

Now I try to do the same for effect button #2

1) through 5) Done...
6) Change value of "effect to "2" for 2nd effect button
7) Choose which button on controller I want to use(button 4)
8) Click OK
9) Click OK
10) Now when I press the corrasponding button on my controller effect #2 turns on and when I press again to turn it off effect #1 turns on along with #2, when I press a 3rd time(#2 effect) #2 shuts off and #1 stays on. Pressing a 4th time turns off #1. The original button #1 that I assigned works properly all the time. effect #1 turns on/off like I'm pressing the real assigned button on the controller(button 1)

Am I choosing the right selection or the wrong value in the right window? My choices are: "effect" "Effect Button" "Effect Select" & Effect Slider. I assume it's "effect" and then choose value. I tried every other choice and nothing worked.

Peace out,
Funkmasterfrank,
Montreal

Posted Fri 05 May 06 @ 8:30 pm
Thanks for eveyones help...

I found the problem. The x-s had to be reconfigured as it already has presets in it for other progs that come with it(lite versions). I just had to redefine the buttons using the software that is supplied with it(enigma). It now works great with VDJ. Very clean crossfader feel. I was configuring VDJ properly from the get go.

Peace out,
Funkmasterfrank
Montreal

Posted Sun 07 May 06 @ 12:06 am
Funkmaster, what exactly did you do to it, is there a help file??? I too am using the X-Session along with the MK2.

Posted Mon 08 May 06 @ 4:29 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)