Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: DXM01 USB Record Vinyl Using VDJ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Is it possible to use the usb link to record your vinyl mixes on virtual dj? If so, how should it all be set up? Appreciate it in advance, Sam

Posted Wed 03 May 06 @ 9:47 pm
record in vdj?
that would be as simple as choose record from line in in VDJ record settings, and connect any thing you want to use, to the line in of your soundcard... :)

If you mean mixing on real vinyls externaly.

Posted Wed 03 May 06 @ 10:18 pm
If you want to record regular vinyl using the USB output of the Numark DMXM01 mixer, it is possible, but why would you want to use VirtualDJ to do that? A simple audio recorder can do that. Not sure if I understand completely what it is you are trying to do with the USB output of your mixer.

Posted Wed 03 May 06 @ 10:23 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2004
I don't think DXM01 USB has USB outputs. I'm pretty sure it only has USB Inputs. Which means that you can't connect an analogic audio source to the mixer and then get the sound on your computer.

So it won't be possible to Record Vinyls through the DXM01 USB. You will need a soundcard with at least one Line Input.

Posted Thu 04 May 06 @ 9:29 am
JeremK it is possible

on the back of DXM 01 are two switches:

usb1out: you can choose between REC or master

usb2out: you can choose between MASTER or CH2

in your recording software choose the USB soundcard 1 or 2 (they have the same names usually so you have to figure it out)

DXM01 sends to your PC (if set to CH1 (ch2) ) the signal that is "on the volume slider 1 (2)"

for example:

plug your phono to phono RCA of 1st channel

change the BACK switch phono/line of ch1 to phono

switch the top panel (above slider) to PHONO/LINE

====
setup the software:

choose the soundcard in your recording software (RipVinyl)
or select the soudcard in VDJ recording options

Posted Sat 06 May 06 @ 11:15 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2004
Ok thanks for correcting me lopez453, i didn't know all this about the DXM01 USB. :)

Posted Sun 07 May 06 @ 10:38 am
anytime :-)

Currently i have some week or two without gig so i can make a TCCD/TCV mod to my DXM01 to be able tu use just the 2 soundcards inside DXM. But i think it will suck because of latency.

Will keep you all informed, and there will be some pictures and how-to's too.

Posted Wed 10 May 06 @ 12:03 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)