Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: A little Help Please....

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

BJAMMINHome userMember since 2006
I'm considering purchasing this software, but don't know what to buy.....I've seen there is a Home edition...a DJC Edition, Ejay DJ MIxstation, etc...... Can anyone reccomend what I should buy? I won't be using it to mix music etc.....My primary use will be parties...weddings.....stags...stuff like that....I need a program where I can have a song playing, and be able to listen to and cue the next song via headphones..... Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

BJAMMIN

Posted Wed 03 May 06 @ 3:38 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Buy PRO version and you will have everything that VDJ can offer you and everything you will ever need ;)

Posted Wed 03 May 06 @ 3:43 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
yes, if your going to use it for gigs in a professional setting, then it shouldn't be too hard to decide...PRO

Posted Wed 03 May 06 @ 4:19 pm
BJAMMINHome userMember since 2006
Is it difficult to set up so that I can preview songs etc with headphones?

Do I need a special sound card, or can I just split the signal coming out of the output jack...One into my PA system and the other into my head phones?

Not sure how others do it.....I have 3 computers that I use when I do a gig....1 out front with software where people can look through my library and select a song...then that information is sent up to my non using computer....Right now I have to use the other computer to preview songs etc.

Is the way I'm doing things now seem "primitive" or should I just continue doing it this way. With others experience, is using the Virtual Software easier?

Thanks,

Posted Wed 03 May 06 @ 5:03 pm
Yes of course vdj split soundcards on 4.1 and with splittercable or you select two seperated soundcards primary for master and the second for headphones. you can with the pro use timcode vinyl like real scratch on vinyls and use external mixer
when the pro to expenive buy the DJC version with Hercules DJ Console MP3 or the MK2 with internal Asio Soundcard you need by both Controllers only one soundcard DJ Console will splitt front and rear when you preview the songs and you don`t need a extra mixer.DJ Mixstation 3 is old only 2xx and the most skins are avialable with 3xx. or you buy the home edition 2006 but you can`t connect hardware with vdj
Virtual DJ is very easy to set up and config

Posted Wed 03 May 06 @ 6:24 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
You can set your headphones on different ways. The best is to use external mixer. Or maybe DjConsole (a complete controller and mixer all-in-one), or you can just connect headphones to another line out.

If you want to show your music library to people you will still need another computer. But for prelisten and mixing you can use only one with VDJ and maybe with external controller.

Posted Wed 03 May 06 @ 6:26 pm
d rocksPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I use a an external mixer beacuse of all the mics. My headphones are connected there so I can find which singer is the offender when a group is singing. You could use the intergrated sound card and connect there and have the main out put on another sound card. You have a lot of choices here!

Posted Wed 03 May 06 @ 7:26 pm
Hi, I am condering buying VDJ 3.4 and wanted tio know if it is possible to listern to another track, Que it up, whilst recording is on-going sio that the pre que track is not added to the mox. I expect the answer is yes but have not seen this documented in what I have read about the software.

Thanks

Posted Sat 13 May 06 @ 11:36 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Pro version !:)

Posted Sat 13 May 06 @ 1:25 pm
While there are plenty of great choices you can make here, I agree that "pro" is the version of the software you want. I also believe, based on your questions, the Hercules D.J. console MKII would also be an excellent "all in one" choice to get you started with. How you "cue" withing VDJ is based on your prefereces, and the configuration of your computer. The Hercules is a controller, has a mixer section, and acts as your sound card as well. I've described Hercules DJC as the "cd mix" (referencing the Numark line) of computer DJing.

Posted Fri 19 May 06 @ 9:21 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)