Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: laptop and virtual dj with hercules

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hi ,
after buying a bcd2000 behringer mixer last week ,bundled with the truley useless b-dj software,i was told by the guy in shop that the mixer would work with virtual dj ,which from what i can understand from different forums , in fact it dont,so thats being sent back to the shop tomorrow,
im now considering what was my first choice the hercules mk 2 ( was sold out at the time),can anyone advise me if the software and the mixer will run ok on my laptop?,i had all kinds of probs with the behringer,crashes ,not communicating with the software but most of all audio skipping and cutting out audio,will the virtual dj and console behave the sameway?ive been using the trial version with no console and thought it was great ,but i wonder if i connect the mixer if it will be the same after the experience with the bcd mixer
my laptop is:
aspire 5025 wlmi
amd turion 64 ml-34
1gb ram
ati mob pci xpress x700 graphics

on the b-dj site they had a whole list of things you could do to maximise the audio settings,but the list was massive and as i use mi lappy for other things i dont wanna have to adjust everything on it every time i wanna use b-dj,was wondering if virtual dj had included something like this into a patch so that everytime you start it ,it maximises your settings then reverts back when you stop using the program ?seems that behringer and b-dj dont bother to ever release patches or take any notice of the complaints that are all over their forums with the various faults,so noway am i keeping their merch

one more thing, is the build quality of the actual hercules console any better on the mk 2? ,cause ive heard rumours of really dodgy buttons etc on it,

any help will be greatly appreciated!!!ta in advance,and if this question is answered anywhere else on here or ive posted in the wrong place ,appologies!!!

neil

Posted Sun 30 Apr 06 @ 4:39 pm
yes... Hercules mk2 works straight out of the box with VDJ...
No issues,and your PC specs are way over the needed power...

MK2 have FAR BETTER build than mk1, and the buttons are super responsive (unlike mk1)

I'm for sure a happy mk2 owner;) for that price, its a bargain

Posted Sun 30 Apr 06 @ 4:56 pm
cyes67rPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I'm amk2 owner and an mk1 owner I prefer the mk2.the mk2 has better responce on the buttons,ithe jogwheels are thicker witsh is better,the mk2 has inputs for your cd decks or turntables,the size on the both of the decks are the same.I just wish it was rackmountable,1 one cool feature that's just came out(only for pro version users)the dj console mapper witch lets u customize your dj console.change any button to your preference.

Posted Wed 10 May 06 @ 10:34 am
I too own the MK2. The only thing I wish was that it was just a little bigger. I find that when crossfading I bump the jog wheels which makes me scratch when I want to. Is there a way to make a button on there that will disable the jogwheels when not intending on using them??? Other than that it is a great add on. I hear there may be support for the BCD as soon as someone makes them and we don't know that VDJ has up their sleeves when it comes to V4.

Posted Thu 11 May 06 @ 4:29 am
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hehe, I'm glad I'm not the only one who's knocked those jog wheels during a mix! Wouldn't be so bad if I could get my mk2 to work properly in external mixer mode - any word from the hercules people about fixing that bug yet?

Posted Thu 11 May 06 @ 8:28 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
i love the mk 2!

Posted Thu 11 May 06 @ 4:18 pm
The jogs are further apart on the MKII versus the MKI, but yes, you can still bump the wheel and accidentally "scratch" your way offbeat, with one false move.

(here's the fix) You can "deactivate" the scratch from the jogwheel completely (as I've done, to avoid this very issue), by going to config, remote control, and unchecking the box that says "use jogs to scratch." I don't scratch much, so I leave the scratch for the mouse, or the jog wheel (usually a backspin out).

As far as using an external mixer (instead of the mixer section of the DJC), select The Hercules DJC for your "remote" but configure a different sound card (or cards) under the sound card settings. For some jobs I'll use the DJC as both my controller and sound card, and for others I'll use the DJC just as a controller, opting to use my Rane mixer, and my Echo Indigo PCMCIA sound card. I use a Toshiba laptop whose specs aren't as beefy as yours and have great results!

Posted Fri 19 May 06 @ 9:34 am
I also found that I can use the mapper and have 2 setups, 1 for scratch and one for no scratch it is as simple as hitting LOAD. On the no scratch the jog wheels are disabled. I prefer this method when playing videos until I can learn to mix videos. I am trying!!! Cheers Brian.

Posted Fri 19 May 06 @ 10:30 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)