Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: *.vdj Format as Songfile in VIrtual DJ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Virtual DJ change with a internal *.mp3*.vdj decoder all compatible songformats in the own little *vdj file and read this in the Deckplayers too. For more memory on harddrive and faster Database and maybe for better soundquality

Posted Fri 28 Apr 06 @ 12:06 pm
Not agreeing with this one. I would never have a software player, like VDJ, modify my music files. Thats why I like VDJ: all additional info (Cue points, gain and bpm info) is stored in the vdj database. Instead of VDJ are adding it into my files.
Ewout

Posted Sat 29 Apr 06 @ 12:01 am
Dj-LosPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi Superstorm,

Depends on your settings, if you use "write VDJ tags" then it writes a "PRIV" tag to mp3 file.

VDJ does add a idv2 "PRIV" tag to all files it analyzes.
Though at the moment it is not working as intended, since version 3.1 it is broke, it is writing the tag but not with all of the data.

Just worth noting.

-Dj Los.

Posted Mon 01 May 06 @ 3:04 am
DJ Los, I know about writing the ID3 tags, but according to my statement above, I have not switched this on ;-)
Ewout

Posted Mon 01 May 06 @ 11:43 pm
.vdj format is only .ogg format:)

Posted Thu 04 May 06 @ 12:53 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
i would like to be able to drag a sample to a deck and have it auto set loop at the begingin and end so you can scratch it seamlessly. You can do this at the moment but it would be great if you could just drag it to the deck and it would set up the loop itself

Posted Sun 14 May 06 @ 5:12 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)