Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: How about linking two setups together so two djs could mix together?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi i am about to buy vdj just checking it out on this forum first and i like what i see a lot ! I am a pro dj and event organiser i run indigo sound sytem . I put on parties for invited people and dj also . (www.indigosoundsystem.org.uk) i currently use atomix and i love it . Time to upgrade it seems . I am interested in the concept of two djs or more each with their own sound rigs in the same space . The idea is for one to start playing and mixing . Then the second dj starts mixing to what the first is playing and so on . now the secon dj would need to be able to monitor the sound from the first. To do this it would be great if the second dj could also have a monitor screen of the first as well as sound . this could be done by ear with two stand alone set ups as above . I have tried it with tuntables and stereos and it is doable ! you get some real amazing effectts because when you walk around the two sound systems you hear more of one than the other but it works . So the idea of having a dj orchestra with lots of djs is possible . Now the quetion is can vdj be made to network with other pcs running it to further improve their compatibilies? Turning it into a new kind of virtual instrument in a dj orchestra ??? I am looking for people who would like to give it a go i have space and time to play in essex in the uk .. TRY NOT ! DO ! THERE IS NO TRY !!!!!

Posted Mon 07 Jun 04 @ 7:43 pm
Sorry about my appalling spelling , i should have checked my post before submitting it !!!

Posted Mon 07 Jun 04 @ 7:53 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Maybe... a day... your dream will come true... :-)

You're right it's time to upgrade.

FRUiT94

Posted Mon 07 Jun 04 @ 8:16 pm
I would fly over to england and hook up with u anytime :) would be fun to try...... :)

Dj in norway

Posted Mon 07 Jun 04 @ 8:28 pm
cool that would be great anytime you want to come over would be great .. do you know if vdj is able to multi instance like atomix mp3 ?

Posted Fri 25 Jun 04 @ 2:42 pm

yepp ;)

"..The network synchronisation lets you run several instances of virtualdj and mix with more than 2 desks .."

so I might just come over one day ;) lol

Posted Fri 25 Jun 04 @ 2:50 pm
spindemPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Im up for it! And I only live in Hertfordshire :)

Demo mix available by email or cd

Posted Fri 25 Jun 04 @ 9:02 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)