Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Videos playing

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have been searching and have not found an answer. I am using the trial version right now. I want to pratice before i buy the full version. I have tons of videos. I want to mix them. Is there a limitation on the trial not letting you play videos? I am unable to do so. Do i need to set certain things.

i have a dell d610 2 gigs ram pentium M 80 gig HD Windows XP SP1. any help will be great i am so close to purchasing this but want to test it first. Thanks guys

Posted Tue 25 Apr 06 @ 12:34 pm
d rocksPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I did what you are trying to do. I tried it out and thought that the trial version was limited too. Turns out it was just choosing the right settings etc. Are you even able to see the vids playing when you drag it to a deck. If not be sure that under the config window that you be sure and choose the correct assc. for the type of videos you are trying to play. For example, if you are playing mpeg files make sure that it use the video decoder. Also you may have to check the activate box on video tab on the config screen. Should happen automatically but I have had to do it manually.

You have come to the right place deaconf19. I have found that this forum will get the answers that you seek. t may take a little time but you will get your answers. Look forward to seeing you around here!

Posted Tue 25 Apr 06 @ 5:21 pm
Mix93fmPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Only last week did I play around with the trial software & then purchased it, mainly due to its video abilities. I have a DEll Latitude 810 with only 512mb ram, Dac-2 controller & used it in the club this past Saturday night. It ran flawlessly all night 9pm - 3am. I mixed mostly mp2 vieos - this is the S--T ! It did display the videos in the trial version, but I didn't have to change any settings. Every system is different. My Dell is running XP Pro with the dual video outputs and has DVD software on it.
The only thing I have to make sure is having the 2nd monitor hooked up to the Dell before turning it on, otherwise I too do not have video. Make sure to also go into the properties for display.

Posted Thu 27 Apr 06 @ 2:00 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
what type of video are u trying to load? .mpg, avi,wmv, etc.?

Posted Thu 27 Apr 06 @ 5:56 pm
i got it working. I had to set the .avi and everything to use the video decoder. one thing is i have a codec pac named mega codecs. and it has to take time to start up the codec before it starts in VDJ. is there a better codec pac that i can use.

Posted Fri 28 Apr 06 @ 3:36 am
DJ FORMATPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
update to SP2 for windows XP

Posted Fri 28 Apr 06 @ 4:01 am
Depending on the Video format that you are trying to play, Divx.com has a good decoder speed also try Xvid decoder on most updated version of any codec pack.
Comercial: Want2Trade Videos? neox4m@msn.com

Posted Tue 09 May 06 @ 11:29 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)