Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: TCV

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

something it's not clear to me :)

if you have for example technics mkII with timecoded vinyls, maya sound card, virtual DJ & TCV, when you speed up or slow down the pitch on turntable, i know virtual DJ does the same, but is it with time stretch or not? i mean, does it have same effect like on turntable without key control or not?

Posted Sun 23 Apr 06 @ 5:36 pm
You can not use the timestretch/keylock on hardware when using timecode.
Nothing that alters the timecode signal.

But you can use timestretch in VDJ, and when moving the pitch on the turntable, it will be with timestrech.
Such functions (effects/timestrech) needs to be done in VDJ.

What works in hardware (turntable or cd decks):
- play/stop/cue/skip/search
- nudge/scratch/bend
- pitch
- loop (cd decks)

Posted Sun 23 Apr 06 @ 5:59 pm
Damn great!
i can only emagine what kind of mathematic is need to make a difference between small changes in pitch and gently constant nudging a platter.

now one more question, i main window where you can order TCV or XP10, you have to choose country. There is YUgoslavia, which does not exist any more now it is "Srbija i Crna gora" or (Serbia and Montenegro), then when i go on next page to make payment there is no yugoslavia or serbia in the list of countries. So how can i order TCV? :)

Posted Sun 23 Apr 06 @ 6:28 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
there is also the interesting smart pitch option, where you can use timestetch even with the TTs pitch slider, with a small delay of course, but thats not important if your mixing normaly. With this new sound engine this wil be a good feature.

Posted Mon 24 Apr 06 @ 12:52 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)