Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: sound card setup

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

can any tell me how to setup my terratec dmx 6 fire to run timecoded cds(1) and vynls(2). please thanks in advance. i search in advance also

Posted Fri 21 Apr 06 @ 10:29 am
can any help me out or is this card not good enough

Posted Fri 21 Apr 06 @ 3:28 pm
bump

i thought support was good here guess ill stick with ssl

Posted Sat 22 Apr 06 @ 6:52 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I think it is possible, but not sure.

You have one line in in your external soundcard and one line in on internal sound card. (if you have complete terratec dmx 6 fire which include external unit and pci 4.1 sound card)

So one cd-player or TT plug into external unit, other to internal card and set in preferences of VDJ (on last sound card icon).

It is better that you have 2 line inputs on one card (internal or external), but try this way. Maybe it will work.

For internal sound card you will need RCA-to-minijack connector.

Posted Sat 22 Apr 06 @ 10:45 am
thanks for the reply i tried the above and the problem i get is that it want let me pick both the front and the rear inputs. its either the front or the back and i tried to use asio for all but i get the error message the it not enough inputs

Posted Sat 22 Apr 06 @ 6:25 pm

Posted Sat 22 Apr 06 @ 6:57 pm
@djkboogie,
You're saying that you use the front and rear input. I think this is not correct. Your soundcard is a 5.1 like sondcard. Therfore you will have 3 jack outputs or 6 phono connector outputs: front (left and right), rear (left and right), center speaker and subwoofer. So you are probably confusing the input and output connectors.
Your soundcard has 1 (stereo input), probably named "line in" or "mic". On this input you could attach one turntable or cd player for time code use. Thats why Asio4all gives the error message, while you have only 1 input instead of 2.
If you require 2 turntables or cd players for timecode use you could better get a Maya usb, or u46dj.
Ewout

Posted Sun 23 Apr 06 @ 2:21 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)