Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: DJ Cruise 2006!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Want to have a great vacation with other DJs and mobile entertaines (KJs, Hypnotists, Magicians, etc.)

There's still room on the DJ CRUISE this November!

Seminars, parties, karaoke, private shows and bring your laptop and VDJ!!!

goto http://www.djcruise.com for more details!

For professionals, it could even be tax deductable!

Cruise is put on BY djs - FOR djs!!

Come on now... Who's going??

Posted Wed 19 Apr 06 @ 11:14 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Love to cruise, where is it out of?

Posted Wed 19 Apr 06 @ 11:37 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
It's out of San Diego...boo. Does the mexico west coast.

Posted Wed 19 Apr 06 @ 11:57 pm
So sorry... But hey, I like that it's staying in Acapulco until 1am!!! Parrrrtaaay!!

Last year's was the 'regular' Mexican Riviera, this years plans to be much better (and more fun too!)

pics from last year are here:
http://djcruise.com/past2005w.html

Posted Thu 20 Apr 06 @ 12:32 am
Oh, someone just PM'ed me about the cost being 'high'...

Say what? $800 (not euro's hehe) for 8 days?!?! Remember, it includes the FOOD (as much as you can stuff in ya!), entertainment, transportation and parties too! (some with free cocktails!!)

Heck, around here in Southern Cal, you can't even get a hotel room for that price!! Let alone all-you-can-eat meals 24/7...

Someday maybe I will retire on a cruise ship!! :D Probably cheaper than living in some places around here... hehe...

DJAlan

Posted Fri 21 Apr 06 @ 1:03 am
Cruising is the best vacation on the planet imo.
It's a toss up on which is better, the food or the entertainment.

Posted Fri 21 Apr 06 @ 1:42 am
Oh, the FOOD is MUCH better... :) (at least on the 7+ day ones... the shorter ones lack)

Thing I like best? Getting a menu with NO PRICES!!!

"Oh waiter, let's see now... I think I will have THREE shrimp cocktails to start with... Skip the salad... And for the entree'?? Hmmm can't make up my mind... Lobster or Prime rib? Oh what the heck, let's have BOTH!! Oh, tell ya what... Make that TWO lobster tails AND the prime rib..." :)

"Very good sir, do you want 3 full meals, or should I just put the lobster tails on a second plate and put the potato and such with the prime rib?"

hehe... That works for me!!!

Entertainment's not bad... The DJs are usually lacking of course (hey, we're all much better, right? hehe) but some of the comedians and such are pretty good...

Besides, on the DJCruise we bring alot of our OWN entertainment (hypnotist, magic, etc.).

So mp3jrick, you coming? I'll meet you on the Lido deck... First drink is on me!

Posted Mon 24 Apr 06 @ 11:58 pm
Alan,
You know it's funny, but that is one week we have gone before because it's my aniversary on the 9th.
I'd love to cruse the west coast of Mexico, never been on the Pacific before.
But, my wife has no interest in DJ shit at all, gotta make AC alone this year and she's a beach person, don't figger, gut that's that. It just distracts me so much, she feels alone.

So depending on what she has to say, if I don't have to send her on an all inclusive to freaking Europe somewhere as a consession, maybe if the flights don't get crippled in our latest plan in how to stabilize our economy, and maybe if.......

Geeze I wish they'd sail out of Baaaston or Jersey, but it's cold as hell then.

The first time (and i've done a few) I cruised they had to pry the money out of my hands.
But, then by the third day we were planning our next one.
Acutally prefer the sea days, some of the ports of call are just too much with the vendors pawing all over you, typical tourist trap.
The best method is to book privately, take your chances and see the local culture in the raw, not what the cruise lines want you to see. We saw Costa Rica and Roatan Honduras this way and at times it was a bit un nerving with stares and shady looking areas we transited through (particularly with kids with you).
But, the excitement of interacting with the natives is the best experience in the world.
And there's a few places I won't go back to also, but all in all a worth experience at the asking price.

Posted Tue 25 Apr 06 @ 1:06 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)