Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: dj control mp3 hercules scratch 'slurping'

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

benniedHome userMember since 2005
Hi just wondering if theres anything that will get rid of the 'slurping' am gettin from scratching on the jog wheels i start to scratch then when i let go it sort of stops then goes again like scratch ing on a belt drive turntable sound?

Posted Wed 19 Apr 06 @ 7:45 pm
If you go to the Setup or Config menu (depending on what skin you use - I've been using the skin with the picture of a dancefloor on it - a good skin, once I figured out how to stop the records from playing at Pinky-and-Perky-speed - on there, it's "Set" - a pop-up menu should appear. I can't remember the section - but there's little labels - one offers the option "Use stick to scratch", "Use jogs to scratch" - if you do something in that section (can't remember what - I'm not near my laptop at the mo), you can set it so the wheels don't scratch the "record" - but they them just slow it down or speed it up. Also, the faders alter the pitch rather than fade out the record using this method.

If you haven't done so already, I recommend you download DJ Cel's "Fader Start" plugin - by moving the crossfader to the left or right, you needn't touch the Hercules mixer at all very much, other than to cue up the tracks and fade them - as you move the crossfader, the records start and stop. Remember to turn off the Fader Start plugin before you close down the program, though - otherwise the program has difficulties exiting.

Posted Fri 21 Apr 06 @ 11:01 am
benniedHome userMember since 2005
cheers m8 will ave a look into dj cel's fader start plugin u got a link for this?

Posted Sun 23 Apr 06 @ 10:21 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Hum a problem when exiting with "Fader Start" : i thought i had corrected the problem of thread in the past. Do you get a Windows error? Try the last version.

Posted Mon 24 Apr 06 @ 12:56 am
Could be just my laptop - it has been giving me problems. All the same, I still find it better to switch off any effect plugins before I exit. It used to just jam, that's all.

bennied - you can get the effect plugins on this site - go to Download and select Sound Effects - you may have to scroll down - but it's there.

I don't have web access at home - I have to download whatever skins or effect plugins I want on to a memory stick at the local library, then put them into my laptop. I have some good skins - I downloaded the Titanium one last week and also that one with the dance floor. Nice to be able to read what songs are playing - my eyesight ain't what it used to be. I also managed to get the Lame plugin so I could save my mixes as MP3s instead of WAV - the latter uses up tonnes of memory. Might need to increase the bitrate at the recording process and convert it back when I copy the mix to the media player, though.

I'm working on recording all the Number Ones in separate year--by-year mixes - I have got as far as 1982, as of last night.

I have noticed that you can also re-label files from MP3 discs (artist and title in the correct places on all skins - takes some doing though), and mix the files straight from the discs - or put the discs in the memory without using Windows Media Player first. Doesn't work properly with normal CDs, though - you can save them as MP3 or WAV files on Virtual DJ - but you have to do them track-by-track and it takes forever.

Posted Tue 25 Apr 06 @ 3:52 pm
misho92Home userMember since 2006
programata e super qka manqci dano taraleji da rodite si4kite ot DJ MEISHA nesebar

Posted Wed 26 Apr 06 @ 1:21 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
@misho92
Please speak English here

Posted Wed 26 Apr 06 @ 2:07 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)