Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: What is the purpose of a "ticket"

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Dj-LosPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi All,

I ask "what is the purpose of opening a ticket" simply because I am not sure.
I opened a ticket thinking that the data would be answered or at least looked at by a VDJ staff member.

The person who answered the ticket does not give an answer (at least a clear one) and finally sends me to search for it myself.

Is this normal for the rest of you that have opened a ticket?

I did a search, going to every forum topic and searching each one, one by one, no one has asked this question. I think it's because not many know it exists.

the question is "How does the xml info for a particular song and up in the "PRIV" field of the mp3 idv2 tag"
the xml info is after you have scanned a song it enters the bpm, length, cues...in the "VirtualDJ XML" file.
apparently, this info I have found in 5 songs out of 40k plus. At some point this info was written into the mp3 tag and I don't know how or even what version may have put this info in there. I would like to know so I can set it for all my songs.

If anyone knows, please share with the rest of us.

-Thanks, Dj Los.

Posted Tue 18 Apr 06 @ 5:15 pm
Hi,

What is your ticket number ?

Posted Tue 18 Apr 06 @ 5:39 pm
Hi,

The ticket is "1144848428".

-Thanks, Dj Los.

Posted Tue 18 Apr 06 @ 5:46 pm
Hi, Dj Los,

as far as I know, this tag is only written when "WRITE vdj tags" is enabled,
and ONLY when scanning the unknown song for the first time.
Then it adds data to XML and to the mp3 file itself.

btw. I did not find a way to write theese special tags for all my songs from the XML file.

Posted Tue 18 Apr 06 @ 9:25 pm
Hi,

I found it by complete accident.
I renamed the xml file then I opened VDJ to see what the mp3's would look like.
I found 5 of them had complete tags, not only title/artist, but bpm and length.
i then closed VDJ and searched for those songs in the XML, and I found the files looked like they had already been scanned by VDJ but I hadn't scanned them yet.

I then wrote an application in VB6 to get the raw tag info and found that the data was stored in the "PRIV" field within the songs idv2 tag.

This to me was finding gold, if I could do this to all my songs, then I would not have to worry about the XML file any more.

So my quest began to find out how this data gets into the tag, I have yet to get an answer from the staff.

-Dj Los.

Posted Wed 19 Apr 06 @ 2:53 am
He is talking about questions that are asked directly to the Staffers via Help...
http://www.virtualdj.com/contact/tickets.html

DJ-Los I have asked a few questions in the past and always received professional quality answers. Maybe with this post they will come back and explain your answer a little better. :)

It looks as if Lopez might of helped you find it. Sometimes it is good to just open a thread and ask other users as the Staffers are quite busy right now.
MS

Posted Wed 19 Apr 06 @ 2:54 am
Thanks maddsound, good looking out, my hopes are up for a reply.

-Dj Los.

Posted Wed 19 Apr 06 @ 2:55 am
muzzaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Sometimes it does take awhile, but the ticket is always replied.

Posted Wed 19 Apr 06 @ 9:10 am
Problem solved on e-service

Posted Thu 20 Apr 06 @ 4:40 am
Hi,

The staff did not take a while to answer, it was a misunderstanding in the way they tested the given scenario. I was finally able to get them to see the problem and it will be corrected in the near future.

The writing of xml data into idv2 tag works up to version 3.1, from 3.2 to 3.4 it is broken.

Thanks to all who replied.

-Dj Los

Posted Thu 20 Apr 06 @ 2:51 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)