Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Indego Dj Help

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Does anybody know if the Indigo Dj card will work as 2 line out's and not 1 line and 1 headphone? i mean the headphone output must be louder than the line i just want them at the same level.
Thanks in advance.

Posted Mon 17 Apr 06 @ 11:08 pm
Hi

I had one and used both outputs as normal line outs. I routed them both to my mixer, different channels so that I could use the crossfader on the mixer.

The outputs seemed fairly well balanced with the volume on the "headphone" outlet turned up to full.

Asymptote

Posted Mon 17 Apr 06 @ 11:19 pm
Ok thanks, were you happy with the quality, i mean should i get this card?
Thanks in advance....

Posted Fri 21 Apr 06 @ 2:18 am
I own an Indigo DJ card and have been very pleased with quality
I have used several configs with it ,I curently am using one line out to my mixer and one for
headphones . I have also used the headphone out (the channel with the adj. wheel ) as a second
line out . As I recall they both are same D/A quality ,just one has volume adj. ..
You can use a skin with level meters or route them to your mixer to set gain the same .
I think you get +2 to +4 db more on the channel with headphone adj . so I think I brought
the gain down just a touch ..

The only thing I don't like ,and I should have foreseen this booboo ,when I have card in and cables
are connected to outputs ,,LOL ,, I can't open the tray on my dvd/cdrw drive ,,,Oops
Hope this helps

Posted Fri 21 Apr 06 @ 4:15 am
That was really helpfull, Thanks. Im lucky my card slot is on the other side of the cd rom, lucky me!

Posted Fri 21 Apr 06 @ 1:42 pm
HI

Just to let you know that I really liked the sound quality of the card and it was easy to install. Plus with the downloaded up to date drivers that helped too.

In my case the little button thing that you press in to release cards from the slot partly covered the main output socket. The trouble then was that if I pressed that it too far it loosened the Indigo. It wasn't a major problem because if I didn't press too hard it still worked fine, but it used to annoy me. That's probably a minor point in terms of trade off for convenience.

I sold mind on Ebay, got what I paid for it, then bought a brand new Maya 44. I did this because I wanted to use the card for Time Control CD. I like the sound of the Maya. It seems slightly warmer than the Indigo - not quite so clinical to my ears.

Cheers

Asymptote

Posted Fri 21 Apr 06 @ 2:11 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)