Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: just downloaded teh 3.4 trial

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

dmc200Home userMember since 2006
I have a question.

Video mixing.

I know you can record to mp3 or wav format, but that is audio only. How can you record video? I have a video capture card, analog and digital, I prefer to hit record and record the video right to the hard drive. Is this possible? IF so I will definatly be buying this product.

If not, do you know of any software that will record video to the hard drive?

Thanks for your time!!

Dave

Posted Mon 17 Apr 06 @ 5:51 pm
dmc200,
video recording is not supported in VDJ. It is not known if it will be implemented in the future. But you could save your set, with the capture card you have. Use software like Sony vegas, Pinnacle studio 10, or other video editing software.
I dont know if you could do it on one pc (using vdj and capturing). I don't know if your pc has enough resources, otherwise you will need 2 pc's.
I think the easiest way to record your video mix is using an extarnal hard disk video recorder.
Ewout

Posted Mon 17 Apr 06 @ 8:31 pm
These are only my opinions based on my PC setup, maybe it would be different for other users:

If Virtual DJ could record your video mixes by recording actions in Virtual DJ instead of the directsound output then we may see the saving of video mixing in the future.

This means Virtual DJ would have a record to log option which would monitor and record every input sent to Virtual DJ. This would allow Virtual DJ to record your mixes in a very small text file, only a few megabytes big maximum. The user could then use a generate to dvd option (would utilise lots of cpu/ram which is why I've suggested recording in this manner).

However, this would take lots of development time and I don't think it we'll ever see the recording of video mixes for a long time. You would lag Virtual DJ trying to record your mix using the same computer, if you really want to record everything you will need another pc or a vcr/dvd recorder connected to your line and video outs.

Posted Mon 17 Apr 06 @ 8:55 pm
dmc200Home userMember since 2006
Thanks guys! I have ideas of my personal home videos and want to rewind things or scratch certain scenes for comedic reasons only :)

Virtural DJ is fun, been playing with it for a couple hours :)

Posted Mon 17 Apr 06 @ 8:59 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)