Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: I am getting Virtual DJ for my birthday in a couple of weeks...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

...and I need to know a few things:

1. I have a Dell Dual Core 3.0 ghz XPS desktop, with an ATI radeon 600 256mb vid card, 160 gb hard drive @ 7200rpm and 2 gb of memory. This computer is brand new and was bought for VDJ exclusively. NO programs except Windows XP Pro. ( necessary for utilizing dual core technology by the way) Please tell me that this system will handle video gigs because that is what I got it for.
2. I will be using 2 Denon dn-s5000's as my controller and the Numark USB for my mixer. Is it possible to add the Evolution X-Session to my setup as well as the Numark just to control the video thus having 2 crossfaders? (One on the Numark and one on the X-Session)
3 How long is it on average to rip a music DVD???
4. I am a long time subscriber to Promo Only as far as audio but which is better for video, ERG or Promo Only???
5. Is it possible, during a live video set, if I can send someone with a camcorder down to the dance floor to send me video of the people dancing because I think this would lend a hand to getting the crowd involved more?
Thank in advance!!!!

Posted Mon 17 Apr 06 @ 10:00 am
Sounds to me like it should easily cope with it!!!

(Just don't forget to configure windows xp, removing un needed services, etc. There's lots about it in the forums and in peoples blogs.)

Posted Mon 17 Apr 06 @ 1:05 pm
Thank you for the response andy. I kinda figured my setup would be idea.

Now, can anyone answer me if I can use both the Numark USB and the Evolution X=session together???

Thanks in advance!!!

Posted Tue 18 Apr 06 @ 2:39 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)