Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Broadcasting

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey everyone, I just got virtual dj and I"m broadcasting. I can get it to work on other computers around the house (we all connect to the router on which I"m directly connected) But anyone trying to connect say a friends house can't??? Why it be that way yo????

Posted Mon 17 Apr 06 @ 5:23 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Check your administration and IP addresses you get right.

Posted Mon 17 Apr 06 @ 6:54 am
I thought that broadcasting was not available in the demo version...

Posted Mon 17 Apr 06 @ 12:54 pm
LeryanHome userMember since 2005
You can only broadcast if U are directly connected to internet, if you have a router, noooope... But as U say, U can broadcast in lan, that's normal...

Enjoy...

Posted Mon 17 Apr 06 @ 4:15 pm
OyyoDamsPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
Of course you can broadcast with a router, but you'll have to add rules to the router itself

Posted Mon 17 Apr 06 @ 5:17 pm
Can you explain to me how to do the rules?

Posted Tue 18 Apr 06 @ 2:16 am
I mean maybe you can explain it better. I've read all the other ones and I've tried it but when I come to getting into the router itself it won't let me login into it without a password and login name, it recommended my msn account but that didn't work.

--
Moderated by Lady Cameron
Automatic Level 1: MSN or ICQ detected

Posted Tue 18 Apr 06 @ 2:18 am
DJSlaminJones for security reasons your message won't appear until a moderator has reviewed it.

Posted Tue 18 Apr 06 @ 2:18 am
Try admin and admin, if this doesn't work, do a google search for your router manufacturer default admin login.

Posted Tue 18 Apr 06 @ 2:39 am
Ah yes thank you, ok what do I do from here?

Posted Tue 18 Apr 06 @ 5:31 am
What router do you have?
You have to open some ip/udp ports (default port for shoutcast = 8000). This could be done on a screen like "Virtual server" or "Firewall".
You have to allow incoming and outgoing traffic.
For more info read the (online) manual for your router.
Ewout

Posted Tue 18 Apr 06 @ 6:32 pm
THX EVERYONE! got it going if you wanna listen sometime I might be on usually I'll be broadcasting 5:00pm to 7 pm. Thank you everyone http://67.161.106.148:8000 there's the link

Posted Wed 19 Apr 06 @ 3:17 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)