Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: I know this is a tired topic but... question about v.4

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I was watching a demo video ( http://www.skratchworx.com/messe2006/virtualvinyl/num_vv.mp4 )

and DJ Getdown is scratching and the transitions were moving with his scratch. So does that mean we will be able to control the transitions with scratch movement with version 4? And does this mean we possibly don't have to have a midi compatible mixer to control the transition at all if you can activate some transition with starting a song and transitioning the video too?

anyone with insight feel free to reply, comment or close this topic early :-)

Posted Mon 17 Apr 06 @ 12:51 am
Whats demonstrated is part of new features of the software.
And yes, its pretty amazing ... :) Quite revolutionary...

The new FX enginge and the way that new FX's can work will all be revealed with the rest of the feature list.. at release day of Virtual DJ 4 :)

Please be patient a bit more.. for the software release.
And as stated from Corp Staff today.. all for free for the loyal professional version users here at this great forum :)

Posted Mon 17 Apr 06 @ 1:08 am
That is so awsome!! I can't wait!! I mean ... I have to wait... just that is very cool... feels like christmas is coming.

Posted Mon 17 Apr 06 @ 3:37 am
yupp.... And Dev Team can now officially be renamed to Santa Team.. or Santas Little Helpers;) hehe

Posted Mon 17 Apr 06 @ 3:41 am
funnyb0nzPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2006
Sounds like version 4 is going to become the flagship, I have a feeling that with the major enhancements that the scratching will be equal if not better than serato, and all the extras that virtualdj has that serato doesnt have. I let a good local dj try out virtualdj at a small gig I was performing at on Wednesday, he was impressed on how smooth and accurate it was using the tccd's on my denon 3500's. Just out of curioousity is Numark making Atomix wait for a certain period of timeg before they can release vdj4?

Posted Mon 17 Apr 06 @ 6:46 am

Numark does not make Virtual DJ 4 release wait... of course not:)
Virtual DJ 4 is just not all finished yet. Its very close, but still beta.

Posted Mon 17 Apr 06 @ 2:57 pm
I read somewhere... can't remember now.. but they said the new vinyl records for the new version are going to have a selection area similiar to serato scratch live. is that true? and do we HAVE to buy the new vinyls to use the new version or will I be able to use my old vinyls?

Posted Mon 17 Apr 06 @ 4:41 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
al,

changes to the way the time code works isn't planned yet. Your old vinyls will be compatiable don't worry.

Posted Mon 17 Apr 06 @ 4:44 pm
DjPyurePRO InfinityMember since 2006
That isn't VDJ 4...that was Numarks Virtual Vinyl...

Posted Tue 18 Apr 06 @ 5:21 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
...which is based on VDj 4.

Posted Tue 18 Apr 06 @ 9:02 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
if there isnt some clever soul wil make a pluggin......................

Posted Tue 18 Apr 06 @ 11:52 pm
O M G !!!!!

i have a tear in my eye !!!! ............... im BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAck !!!!

and apparently not a minute too soon ! been out of the web for a while i get email with the new job and BAAAAM !!! there is going to be a V4 release soon !!!!

im so behind im still running V3.2 !!! HA HA HA HA!!!

how are all my boys and girls out there !!!! please please fill me in ! tried looking at the forum but there is something like 250 unread posts ! eish !!

28th this month playing for EMP again @ 330 !! 23.30 - 01.30 slot so getting all my S$#@T together !!

but alas i have tried everything there must be a fault with my PC and LAPTOP cause my U46DJ card has been checked and is working 100% but just cant work on my systems ! constantly getting USB COMPOSITE DEVICE so looks like ill be playing 28th less TCV but ill still have my VDJ by my side !!

GOOD LUCK TO THE DEV TEAM ON GETTING V4 OUT OF BETA AND INTO OUR HEARTS !

keep spinnin'

Spider

Posted Thu 20 Apr 06 @ 2:46 pm
but r they ganna do some more work on the bpm in vdj v4 ? it needs some improvment

Posted Thu 20 Apr 06 @ 3:36 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Well a lot is being done but I don't think a 'miracle' update that pleases everyones dreams is possible, much has been asked for, much has and is being done, but there will always be a list to get through, if there wasn't the updates would just stop, and that wouldn't be very interesting, would it? ;).

Posted Thu 20 Apr 06 @ 3:48 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Spider
I can tell you what is new, I'm here and Pro user ;)
Welcome back!

Posted Fri 21 Apr 06 @ 1:58 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)