Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Which Soundcard Should I Use?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

On this page, http://www.virtualdj.com/products/timecode/ it is recommended that I use an ASIO soundcard like, MAYA44, in order to take care of the "latency" problem I might have without the proper sound card.

I am about to purchase a Dell, and they don't seem to use that soundcard. What other types of soundcard would you recommend for me to use?

Posted Fri 14 Apr 06 @ 9:02 pm
You can use Maya44 with Dell, just, if you can find one because they discotinued it. You can use ASIO drivers with any sound card (eg. Creative Live).

Posted Sat 15 Apr 06 @ 5:47 am
The recommended soundcard for VDJ is a Maya USB (still available) or the Esi U46DJ. Both are USB soundcards, so you could use them for both laptops and desktops.
Ewout

Posted Sat 15 Apr 06 @ 9:06 am

Posted Sat 15 Apr 06 @ 3:49 pm
These soundcards are (USB) so are external. You need to install software, but so long as you have a cd-rom drive or the internet you can do it yourself.

Posted Sat 15 Apr 06 @ 3:52 pm
I am about to purchase a podcasting system that comes with an EDIROL UA-25 USB audio capture card. Do you think I still need to purchase one of the other cards mentioned above for deejaying?

On the www.djdeals.com/egosystemsU46DJ.htm site, they say: "As the name suggests, U46DJ is designed with digital DJs in mind."

This has me thinking that the EDIROL UA-25 may not be enough. Please help.

Posted Sat 15 Apr 06 @ 4:25 pm
The Edirol ua25 is a nice soundcard, but it has only 1 stereo input and 1 stereo output. So if you like to use timecode cds or timecode vinyls you could only attach 1 cd player or turntable. If you like to have the VDJ output to an external mixer you also will need 2 stereo outputs. This could be done with this soundcard and the builtin sound card of the laptop, but there will probably difference in volume and quality between the builtin and the Edirol.
You could test it first with the Edirol. and buy a u46dj later.
Ewout

Posted Sat 15 Apr 06 @ 4:50 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)