Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Cost of a TCCD setup

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I am about to buy a 2 disc CD player, probably this one: Mixerhttp://www.numark.com/products/product_view.php?v=overview&n=33
It's gonna cost me about $250

This player is PURELY for backup (desperation). I do everything primarly with VDJ and on the computer so at this point I don't need an expensive CD player. My first question is this:

1) At some point, I will probably be interested in using TCCD. Since I am unfamiliar with TCCD, is this CD player sufficent?

It seems like any toys available on the CD player would be obsolete by VDJ's tools, like looping and any FX.

2) How much more will I need to spend to be using TCCD? (minus the computer and CD player of course).

Posted Fri 14 Apr 06 @ 7:00 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hello Shawn. The link takes you to the ID2 Ipod thing not a CD player. Numark does have some good CD players that people use. For a full TCCD setup you'll probably want two CD players (although you can do it with one) an external mixer and a good soundcard that supports 4 inputs and outputs. For the most part, higher the expense on these items the higher the quality.

Posted Fri 14 Apr 06 @ 8:02 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)